Chapter 5

"Thanks for the ride." I said and another round of thunder sounded.

Kylie yelped and Merlin smiled apologetically. I waved them goodbye and turned to walk down to the house. I saw the lights were off and something like candles being lit, but it all became blurry for I saw a black shadow pass by me.

When another thunder sounded and the surroundings got illuminated by the lightning, my breath caught in my throat at the sight before me. Felix placed his hand on my mouth and dragged me into the barn. I struggled and hit him in the gut when he finally let me go. He groaned but nevertheless smiled at me.

"What the fuck dude?!" I screeched, scaring the horses.

They heaved and neighed, and I quickly went to calm them. I need to calm down, not the horses!

"You have a pretty strong fist Tuberose." He said, making me slightly blush.

"Eve." I said and turned to face him. "My name is Eve."

"Quite the lovely name." He said. "I'm Felix."

"I know." I sad and he was shocked. "You have some pretty interesting rumors going around about your house."

"Do you believe them?" He stepped towards me.

"Should I?"

He shrugged his shoulders and that's when I noticed the blood dripping down his forehead. Without thinking I grabbed his hand and pulled him down to my level. He stumbled a bit, but I didn't really care, so I moved the hair from his face and saw a cut on his head. I lightly touched him expecting a reaction, but he stayed silent, watching me curiously.

"Doesn't it hurt?" I asked him.

"No."

My eyes met his and I frowned. I let go of his hand and picked up my bag from the floor. He watched me like a hawk while I was looking through the contents of the bag. I pulled out some bandages and a plaster. What? The twins get into fights and I mostly carry this shit because sometimes I get hit or something...

"Do you have a whole medical kit in there?" Felix teased me.

"Your eye make up is running." I growled.

"So is yours."

Damn, he has an answer to everything. With my eyes I urged him to squat down in front of me, so I don't have to jump up and down to get to his head. He obliged and I stepped closer to him. My cheeks tinted pink when he watched me with his eyes. Carefully I wiped the cut and then placed the plaster on it. Without meaning to I slid my finger down his cheek.

His arms enveloped around my legs and he brought me closer to him. We just stared at each other, until my phone rang.

"Where the hell are you?!" My father's voice screamed.

"What do you care?" I snapped back, making Felix chuckle.

"Eve don't mess with me!" I heard shuffling in the back.

"Eve honey, where are you?" Gran asked suddenly.

"In the barn, I kind of went in here when the down pour started. I'm coming to the house now if I have to." I said and glanced at Felix's stoic expression.

"Please do. We are worried about you."

I hung up and tried to move, but Felix wasn't getting the vibe. I tried to wiggle out, jump over, even do a cart wheel over him, but he didn't move. Letting out an exasperated sigh, I leaned on his shoulder and groaned.

"Will you please let me go?" I asked him.

"He hit you yesterday didn't he?" Felix carefully outlined the fading bruises on my neck.

"It's not a big deal. It doesn't hurt, plus I'm used to it." I shrugged.

He looked at me sadly and caressed my check. Why am I letting a complete stranger touch me?

Not thinking twice I pushed Felix into the hay and covered him up with it. The barn doors flew open and a furious dad came storming in. He saw me standing there, watching him.

"You little shit!" He screamed and came at me. "When your told to come home you come home!"

He grabbed me by the hair and pulled. His wet hands were sticking to my hair and hurt my scalp. I yelped when Felix got up, begging him to hide back down. My father threw me across the barn and I hit the supporting wooden pole with a grunt. That will leave a bruise.

He the proceeded to get a wooden bat of some sort, which I'm guessing would be used to hit me. But thankfully gran and Owen rushed in, the later tackling my father. Granddad soon ran in hauling dad out with Owen. Gran kneeled in front of me and placed her hands on my knees.

"Eve, honey..." She began, but I turned my head.

"I'm fine." I said. "Please go. I'll be right behind you."

She reluctantly got up and went outside. Everybody knew I needed a few minutes alone or else I'd break down completely. Felix got up from the hay and stared at me.

"You should go home. The rain stopped." I got up slowly, tripping a few times.

Felix picked up my bag and caught my arm when I staggered slightly. He slung the bag over his shoulder and suddenly picked me up.

"What are you doing?! Put me down!"

"I don't care. You can barely walk." He said. "You are fragile my Tuberose. You should not take this from him, even if he is your father."

"I deserve every hit he gives me."

"What?"

I didn't answer and he caught on I wasn't going to. He silently carried me to the porch of the house and put me down on my feet.

Eva saw him. Her eyes were wide and she rushed out. He gave her my bag and left. I glanced back at him only to see he was gone. Like he just vanished in thin air!

"Eve who was that?" Eva asked, helping me inside and up the stairs to my room.

She helped me change clothes and laid me down on the bed. It was 1 a.m. She still expected an answer and I was so confused as to what we actually were.

Felix and I weren't acquaintances, nor friends. Neither was he my boyfriend, so what was he exactly to me?

"An angel of darkness."