20: There's So Much Plot Right Now I'm Actually Overwhelmed

At four am, Frank came to both a decision and a conclusion, with dawn light streaming in through the windows, and neither of the two lovers really asleep in bed, but still they lay there, deep in thought, whisked away, but with eyes wide upon and fixated upon two different corners of the room.

There was always something wrong, and that very thing lay at the back of Frank's mind, stemmed from their walk yesterday afternoon, just through the park, through a town they knew too well, that seemed almost like a different world through older eyes.

He hadn't mentioned it to Gerard, but with how much he couldn't get it out of his mind, he wouldn't be all that surprised if Gerard already knew, because yesterday afternoon they'd passed dangerously close to Frank's old street, and all he could think of was that house and the man that may or may not still reside in.

And in those hours, Frank had gathered perhaps thousands of things he wanted to say to his father, but whether any of this was really a good idea was a different matter entirely, and well, Gerard was great with ideas, so Frank did consider talking to him about it, but it was four in the morning and he hadn't slept, and he was hardly in the mindset to do anything besides think destructive thoughts.

And he couldn't fucking sleep, and it fucking sucked.

He rolled over, facing Gerard beside him and giving his boyfriend a small nudge, to which, he rolled over and faced Frank.

"Go to sleep, Frankie, it's like four in the morning." He let out a sigh, propping his head up on his hand, "you're already beautiful, but you need your beautiful sleep."

"And you need to stop being so fucking cheesy." Frank groaned, looking up at Gerard, "do you know?" He asked.

"Know what?" Gerard asked, moving a little closer to Frank.

"What I'm thinking about? You know with your ghost mind reading power bullshit or whatever?" Frank asked, gesturing awkwardly with his hands, well yeah, of course his hands, he wasn't waving at Gerard with his dick or anything, although that would probably be easier than explaining just why he might possibly see his father again.

"Sort of." Gerard sat up, focusing for a moment, "it's about your dad, but I don't know what exactly."

"Mmm..." Frank nodded, sitting up too, only to lean his head into Gerard's lap, because despite this all, he was still fucking tired. "I want to see him, I just... talk to him, I don't know, maybe even just see if he's still there in that house."

"Makes sense." Gerard nodded, responding in exactly the way Frank had expected him not to. "What do you want to say?"

"Just ask him why he's such a fucking asshole. I'm like twenty eight now he's gotta be like sixty, he can't push me around anymore." Frank spoke with an unexpected degree of courage. "I wanna ask him why, you know? It was all fine, he was a good dad until mum died. I miss her, I wish I could talk to her too."

"Maybe you could, I mean, I don't know, if she's still somewhere here, drifting around, then I could try to find her." Gerard began, meeting Frank's eyes, "I don't know how much luck we'd have though, but still you'd have to have a conversation through me."

"I think she'd like you." Frank admitted, smiling up at Gerard, "then again, I really am quite biased, aren't I?"

"So do you wanna just check out your old house? Just ring the doorbell, see what happens, because he might not even live there anymore, it might be some random old lady or something?" Gerard asked, playing with Frank's hair as he spoke.

"Why not?" Frank shrugged it off, "I really want to punch him in the face if I do see him, though, and you'll protect me, right?"

"Do you even need to ask?" Gerard let out a chuckle, "I will fight everyone in this goddamn universe for you, Frank Iero."