Chapter 81

~Maddie's POV~

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Freddy told me never to mention this, but...I think it's time somebody said something."

Chica sighed quietly and looked me in the eyes.

"He was once in innocent human. A little boy. But...he had a few...mental issues. He couldn't ever think straight, he would get violent for no reason, all kinds of things. Freddy couldn't control it, and ended up going to several mental hospitals. Even though he was just a little boy. He could never even meet his little sister, because his parents were afraid that he might hurt her. The only comfort he found was at a tiny pizzeria called Freddy Fazbears Pizzeria. His parents always brought him, because, for some reason, he never had problems there. But people still refused to go near him. Just in case. So, he was always lonely. Except for his friends, Bonnie, Chica, Foxy, and his best friend, Freddy."

I sat in silence.

I guess Freddy isn't the killer I always thought he was...

"So, Maddie? Will you do it?" Foxy asked.

I smiled and nodded. Maybe I can forgive him.

I was soon given a cake and a little code of 395248.

"Where do I put in the code?" I asked. Everybody was gone at that point.

I leaned back against the wall to think. That's when I heard a small beeping noise.

I looked and saw nothing. I leaned again and heard the noise.

I searched the wall and discovered that the tiles are tiny buttons like a phone.

I tried putting in the code.

I was soon transported to a strange world. In front of me was the yellow rabbit.

Terrified, I stepped back to try amd figure out what was happening.

The yellow rabbit looked back at me and smiled.

"Come on, Freddy. The kids want to see you."

He had a young happy voice, and wasn't torn up.

I walked up and gazed at the cheering children below me.

It seemed like I was an animatronic at an old pizzeria.

"Freddy, are you okay?" He asked.

"What do you mean?"

"You seem a little...off today. Is something wrong?"

"No, not at all."

"Come with me. We'll go backstage and rest a little."

He waved to the kids and directed me backstage.

The yellow rabbit pulled it's head off to reveal a man inside.

"That feels so much better. It's so hot in there. And my hand is tired from turning that crank for hours. I need to lie down."

He removed the rest of the suit and lied down on a bench.

"Aren't you going to take off yours?"

"I'm good, actually. I need to go somewhere really quick."

"Okay. Just be back soon. The kids start complaining if we don't show up quickly."

I walked into another room and looked around for Freddy.

Where is he?

After a few minutes of searching, I leaned up against a wall to think. For some reason, I ended up falling through the wall into a secret room.

Wow, leaning against walls really does help.

I searched through several rooms until I found one with a pale crying child.

Perfect.

I slowly walked up to him.

"F-Freddy?"

The little child looked up and started to glare at me.

"What do you want?"

"Chica told me everything."

"What do you mean?"

"The mental illness. The loneliness. Everything."

He turned away from me and continued to cry.

"You don't understand what I've been through. Nobody does."

"Yes I do. I have a mental illness too."

Freddy looked back at me.

"You do?"

"Yeah. I always had trouble with school. Reading. Writing. All sorts of things. Everybody thought I was an idiot. They all made fun of me. One day, I got interested in pirates. I wore an eyepatch to school for fun. Everybody seemed to smile at me, and I thought it was a good thing. Ally even invited me to her party. But really, I still had no friends. Just cruel classmates. And, when I finally made my first real friend, it felt amazing. And I'm sure you felt the same way."

Freddy stayed quiet until he finally spoke up after a few seconds.

"There's one reason I always tried to attack you. One reason why I wanted to hurt you."