Chapter 1.|

☆

..:*°..:*°..:*°
Shokugeki no Soma FanFiction|
The Zero Seat : Book 1 | For Her

'It's all your fault! It's all your fault! You are to blame! Your parents died because of you!'

Each time the shadowy figure blamed me, the knots that formed in my chest grew tighter. It felt like I couldn't breathe.

This wasn't the first time, the shadowy figure had appeared in my dreams. In fact, every time I'd closed my eyes it would appear in my dreams to terrorize me.

I knew that I was bound to wake up at any moment but what scared me the most was how real these dreams felt. In the next instant, just like clockwork, I woke up.

It had felt like the air was knocked out of my lungs. I struggled to breathe, as I desperately gasped for air. I felt sweat soaking my clothes. I could hear my heart pounding in my ears.

I felt disgusted. I felt disgusted at myself.

Before I knew it, I found myself outside. The crisp cold air was kissing my cheeks. It wasn't the first time I found myself in this situation. There were multiple times were I would suddenly be outside in the middle of the night. How I got outside was a mystery even to me.

When these situations occurred I would find myself walking aimlessly and continued to do so until my mind cleared.

I wouldn't return if the feelings from the nightmares lingered. I need to be sure if I returned, I would need to return as if nothing ever happened.

———

"Good morning." My words carried little emotion as I greeted Hiromi.

"Good morning!" She repeated,brimming with happiness. She set a plate of breakfast in front of me.

Although, I had no appetite,I had to eat. I forced my hand to pick up my utensils. Cutting, a small piece of the breakfast I placed it in my mouth.

'Your parents aren't coming back.'

I continued to chew.

'They're dead, you'll never see them again.'

Forced myself to sallow.

'It's all your fault. You killed them.'

I couldn't do it anymore. Everything, I had eaten felt like it was about to come back up. Quickly, I raced to the bathroom and threw up everything I had eaten.

It wasn't that the food wasn't good. This had always happened the morning after a nightmare.

'Your the reason why your parents died.'

At this point, I would lock myself in my room for the rest of the day but I had to attend the opening ceremony for the new semester. I could stay home but I promised him that I would be there.

——-

I made sure to blend in with the sea of students. It would just be an inconvenience if people recognized me.

The opening ceremony continued smoothly as expected. The youngest Nakiri went up and received a medal for her achievements. As the sparking medal was placed around her I stared at the reflection of my own. The same medal she had received was the same one I received as well but before the ceremony had begun.

There was nothing exciting about the opening ceremony. My attention was thinning each minute that had passed.

However, a fresh, new voice began to fill the air. A voice filled with confidence and strength as he declared war with the whole school.

He had peaked my interest. There was something that he had that captivated me.

"I wish you the best of luck, Yukihira Soma." If he wants to be the best of the school. He would have to get through the student council meaning he has to get through me. Because I am...

"Tosuki's Zero Seat." Somehow I felt interested to see what Yukihira Soma had in store.

..:*°..:*°..:*°..:
The story will now begin.
Would you like to continue?