Chapter 71

Marcus's POV
I look around at everyone who waits patiently for Evangeline to arrive. Amber and Luke went back to the pack, both Lucia and Jade offered to heal her but she declined not wanting them to waste their power. So Luke is going to take her to their pack doctor and hopefully there they can help.

Jade sits next to Caden on the couch in front of me, her head is laid on his chest as she frowns with puffy eyes staring at the ground, Caden hugs her tightly and kisses her head. I know it's killing Caden to see his mate and best friends miserable but everyone here knows the longer it takes us to get Rose the longer she is trapped with Caine and Richard.

Lucia paces the large living room and Nate stays leaned up against the wall biting his nails nervously, his eyebrows are knitted tightly together. Harry sits on the couch, head in his hands and his knee shaking violently. No one makes a sound as we sit and wait, all of us praying we'll be able to see Rose soon.

"Is she coming?" I snap getting agitated, everyone looks at me with a sympathetic frown

Lucia stops pacing "yes, she's probably drowsy but she's coming" she assures me, I shake my head and groan

"She doesn't even know what's going on" Harry says looking up at me and I nod

She's been unconscious this whole time, she doesn't know about Rose or Amber or even the trap....and she especially doesn't know how desperate I am to find Rose. I will do anything to get her back, anything to get me closer to her and anything to find her and kill Caine. I don't even want to think about sleeping, I've tried getting in her dreams but it's no use, I don't even want to sleep knowing I have to wake up alone.

"Do you want me to tell her?" Caden asks quietly leaning up on the couch as Jade sits back looking off into space

I shake my head and take a deep breath "no...I'll do it" I tell them

They all know how much I don't want to talk about it but we have to it's the only way we will get anywhere.

"You're sure?" Nate asks kicking himself off the wall and I nod again

"She'll probably need to feed" Jade says quietly

My jaw clutches "She can when we are finished" I say angrily through gritted teeth

Just as I finish talking I hear her running up to my house, she's slower and I can tell she's weak. But sadly I don't care, she can feed when we are done and have nothing else left. The front door opens but no body moves, we all sit and wait until she comes where we are.

I see her step around the corner, her glowing hair still bright but messy with knots in her waves and bags under her green eyes "What's going on?" She asks weakly

She comes around and stands in the middle of the room staring at each of us, she's actually not wearing a silky satin dress like usual. She has on a pair of ripped jeans and a brown leather jacket over a red shirt, she looks like she's from this century.

We all sit silent, all of us trying to find the words to say "Caine has Rose" I don't even recognize my voice, not until Evangeline turns to me and gasps in shock do I realize I'm the one who said that

"And Richard?" She asks

"He's the one who took her" I say hardly above a whisper