Chapter 3

"OK, so what do you mean you said you would go on a date with him,?" George asked as I started to eat some fruit.

"I mean, he came downstairs when you two went up to take a shower and asked me out and I said yes. Besides, I don't like him like that, but I mean, why not, he's a nice guy." I countered.

"Yea, but he's a total workaholic and- wait did you just say you didn't like him like 'that'," George clarified.

"Yea, I have my eyes set on someone else," I said looking at him and blushing a little bit.

"Oh, well, who is he?" He asked. Obviously he didn't get the hint.

"I can't tell you, if I do, it could jinx my chances with him," I said.

"Dumb ass," I heard Fred mumble under his breath. I elbowed him in his side and he snickered.

I looked down the table at Oliver, he was talking to his friends. I noticed he pointed at me and then his friends went crazy. One of his friends looked at me questioningly and pointed at Oliver. I nodded and they went crazy again. I saw George sigh out of the corner of my eye.

"I just don't get it, why would he ask you out now, its his last year and he has had five years to do it," George huffed.

"I don't know, maybe he just never had the courage to ask me out, and anyways I can't date him." I said a grin starting on my face.

George's face lit up, "why not?"

"Because, anybody who wants to date me has to get permission from Uncle Remus, like his blessing. He's the closest father figure I have and he takes that very responsibly." I said.

"Oh, and he didn't ask Professor Lupin?" George clarified.

"No, he would have told me Uncle Remus gave him his blessing." I replied.

"Oh, OK." George said. I could see the wheels turning in his head. I think he finally may have gotten the hint.

"Speaking of Professor Lupin, it's time to go to his class," Fred butted in.

"Let's go, I cant wait for today's lesson." I said eagerly.

"Well then, lets go," George said.

We practically ran down the hallway to Uncle Remus's room. There were a couple of students in there, but they were mainly Slytherins sitting in the corner. When uncle Remus saw us he asked us if we could help him set up.

"Ah, I'm glad you three are here," he said, "I need some help setting up the classroom for today's lesson."

"What do you need us to do," Fred asked.

"Well, there is a large wardrobe in my office, I need you three to carry it down here," he started.

"No problem," I said quickly.

I ran up the stairs and lifted the wardrobe, not like it was heavy, and started to go down the stairs with it. The guys caught up with me and offered to help, but I shut them down.

"It's not heavy, and I don't want you two disturbing what's in here," I said.

I set the wardrobe down in the front of the classroom. Even some of the Slytherins looked impressed at me.

"Excellent, and just in time too, class will be starting in about 10 minutes," Uncle Remus said to me beaming.

We were all standing in the center of the classroom and Uncle Remus began his lesson.

"Who here knows what a boggart is?" He asked. I shot my hand up. "Anyone besides Ashley?" he said looking around, "No? Then Ashley, please."

"A boggart is a creature that lives in the shadows. No one knows what they look like, because they take the form of whatever you fear the most." I recited.

"Excellent, five points to Gryffindor," Uncle Remus said, "now, there is one simple spell to defeat a boggart. Everyone, without wands please, Riddikulus!"

"Riddikulus," the class said.

"Wonderful, now not only the spell defeats a boggart, you need to finish it off with laughter. When you say the spell you need to think of something funny and the boggart will be finished."

He told us to get in a line and started some music. I was towards the middle of the line Fred and George behind me. When I was only a couple people back Uncle Remus asked me if I wanted to show everyone what I was scared of, I told him I had it covered. The line got to me and the boggart turned into a dead black dog.

"Riddikulus," I screamed. The black dog got up and started to tap dance with a wig on.

Fred and George went, theirs both were either twin and me dead on the ground. I was touched that I was in their biggest fears. While we were waiting for the rest of the line to finish we started talking about our fears.

"Was that black dog supposed to be Sirius?" they asked me in hushed voices.

"Yea," I said back, "and I'm touched that I am in your guys' biggest fears."

"Well, you have spent like the last four summers with us and we have been inseparable for about 5 years, so," Fred said.

"Yea I- we love you Black," George said, me and him blushed.

"Alright, great job all of you, class dismissed," Uncle Remus said.

He walked over to us and said, "how am I doing?"

"Excellent," the three of us chorused. He chuckled and walked off to put the boggart back in the closet. George, Fred and I turned to walk out the door.

"Hang on," George said, "I think I, uh, left my, um, book in class. I'll meet you guys in the common room."

"Ok, see you in a few," I said. Fred and I walked off.

When we were out of earshot from the class Fred turned to me and said, "you know he's asking permission to date you right?"

"No, really?" I asked sarcastically, "I mean, he's always awkward around me and stuff, so I kind of figured."

"Just one question," Fred said.

"Shoot," I replied.

"Who is it you actually have your eye on?" He said.

"If you promise not to tell, it's George. But you cant say a word or I will lock you in the wardrobe with the boggart." I threatened.

"I won't I swear, oh and one more thing, when is your date with Wood?"

"Oh, that? Tonight at eight. I'm meeting him in the common room."

"Ok," he said.

The rest of the day went by fairly quickly. At four the three of us made our way up to the common room after Care of Magical Creatures. I still can't believe that I was the only volunteer to pet and ride Buckbeak. I told the guys that I was going upstairs to do homework and made my way up to the dorm. I like my dorm, I have the bed in the corner and I have a large window that I sit in at night.

Before I started the little homework I had, I used an extendable ear to listen to the boy's conversation.

"...did he say?" I heard Fred say.

"He gave me his permission," said a very excited George.

"When are you going to ask her?" Fred asked.

"As soon as I get the stuff to ask her," George said a little bit deviously.

I didn't get to hear the rest of the conversation because one of the girls came in the room and I had to pretend I was doing homework.

I finished my homework at about half six and so I ran downstairs to check on the boys. Fred and George both looked confused, but George looked extremely happy.

"Hey guys," I said.

"Hello," they chorused.

"Hey, shouldn't you be getting ready for your date?" Fred asked.

"No, it doesn't start for another hour and a half." I said confused.

"Yea, girls take fooreeveer to get ready," Fred joked.

"Ha ha very funny," I said.

I sat down in between them and began to read a book while they finished their homework.