Five

*Flashback: April 27, 2013*

I laughed as Daniel pulled me into a tight hug as we lay there on a blanket, in the lush grass gazing up at the stars.

"Rachel, I think you're the most beautiful girl I've ever seen. I love it the way the moonlight reflects off your skin." he grinned I rested my head on his chest and closed my eyes wondering how I met such a wonderful person.

Daniel has been my best friend since fifth grade. He's always been there for me. At night we would sneak out to see each other, we would meet at the Rosewood Park in the corner of town. My foster parents kept me on a strict diet even though I was underweight, but Daniel would always bring me gummy bears and that Baja Blast Mountain Dew you can only in certain places. When I turned eleven, and Daniel was twelve he came to visit me while my foster mother lay in a hospital bed battling breast cancer. We sat in the visiting room and he fed me gummy bears as my tears stained my cheeks. Two months after long hospital visits and late nights my foster mother was cleared a cancer survivor. The following week as me and Daniel were playing on the park swings he asked me out, and I of course said yes. 

I looked Daniel in his green eyes, "Do you know how jealous I am of your eyes?" I said. He chuckled,

"Get some contacts or something." he joked. I took some more gummy bears from the package and looked back up to the sky. I felt gentle, soft, and warm lips press against my forehead.

No words could describe how much I loved this boy.

_____

I woke up to the sound of Lana's alarm. I groaned as I opened my eyes to see Lana throwing her phone across the living room,

"What was that for?" I grumbled.

"That damn piece of metal woke me up!" I giggled.

"Did you have a good dream or something?"

"Yeah, I was dreaming that I was smoking weed with Snoop Dog and a giant panda." I stood up from the couch and walked into the kitchen, grabbing a cup from the cabinet and the orange juice from the fridge. I went up to my room, locking the door behind me. I had just sat on my bed when there was a knock on my door. 

"Hey, can I come in?" I bit my lip.

"Yes." I replied reluctantly. She came in and sat on my bed,

"When you were asleep you had this smile on your face and kept laughing in your sleep. What were you dreaming about?" I brought my hand up to my mouth and chewed on my fingernails, it was a bad habit of mine.

"Uhm, I was just dreaming of my ex-boyfriend Daniel." She nodded.

"What happened in the dream?" I felt a few tears slide out of my eyes,

"I was dreaming about us in the park at night, and he was feeding me gummy bears and, uhm, he kissed my forehead and then I had this flashback in my dream about how he would always comfort me at the hospital when my foster mother was having surgery and stuff. I don't know but I just miss him." I leaned into her shoulder and cried for a moment as she stroked my hair.

"I'll take you to Walmart to get some ice cream if you want." I just sighed and wiped tears from my face,

"I can go get some so you can shower. It's only a few blocks."

"Yeah, okay. Be back in an hour." She said, kissing my forehead on the way out. I got up and walked to my closet. I grabbed a pair of shorts, a plain black shirt, and my white Vans. I pulled my hair up into a high ponytail and grabbed my phone, wallet, and key. I slipped out my door and ran down the stairs.

"I'll be back!" I ran out the door and headed towards Walmart. 

____

Sorry that it's been a month since my last update! Softball has started up again, along with school. I will try to update every week. 

Have a good day and enjoy the update!

Love you all!

-LeAnna