Chapter 17: Oh No...

Today is the day of the sleepover and right now I'm with Lauren, Normani, and Nadia at the store getting the snacks. I was so nervous about meeting her friends. I mean, we already met but that was just in passing. Like, what if that was just a front? Thinking about all of this was really turning me off to the whole night.

"Y/N?"

I turned around to see the girls looking at me with amused faces.

"Whatever you guys. I'm just a little worried." I said as I walked over to the frozen section with them following closely behind me.

"Yeah, but there's a difference between a little worried and overly worried. And right now you're the second one." Nadia said with Lauren and Normani nodding in agreement.

I rolled my eyes getting the requested tubs of ice cream before walking to the checkout counter.

"I know! It's just this is probably the longest me and D.J. have gone with there literally being no drama; of any kind. I just really would like to keep it that way." 

I said as we finished putting the groceries on the belt.

"But I mean it is just her friends. So what if they don't like you." Lauren said causing me to stop my movements and turn to look at her.

"Right, because if her best friends looked or acted towards me like, umm I don't know, the way you looked and acted towards Nicki I should just say 'So what?' huh?"

Lauren made this 'well, damn' face then held her hands up in surrender.

"Alright. I get your point."

She said dropping her hands, putting one around Normani bringing her in closer. I shook my head turning to pay the cashier before heading to the car with the bags.

On our way to Dinah's house I was still super nervous. The girls kept trying to calm me down but there really was no point. I took a deep breath as we pulled into Dinah's driveway. I waited for everyone to get out of the car before I opened my door. I went straight to the door, while the other 3 got the groceries, and knocked. 

Dinah opened the door and as soon as she saw me she smiled. That was enough to make anything I was worried about disappear. I smiled back at her, not moving from my spot. She blushed under my stare and took a step towards me. I intertwined our fingers together bringing her closer. Right when I was about to kiss her, Lauren interrupted.

"Oh my god! Could you guys like move over or something? These bags are heavy."

I groaned and pulled Dinah to the side as she giggled. I glared at Lauren, calling her an asshole as she walked in. Dinah smiled at me and kissed me on the cheek before pulling me into the house behind the girls.

We walked in and went straight to the living room where everyone was. My nerves picked back up again as I saw Ally and Camila. They were laughing with the girls about something when we walked in.

"So I guess that you all got acquainted?" Dinah said as she laid on the couch and pulled me so I could sit in between her legs.

"Oh, yeah. The girls were just telling us how googley eyed you two were before you walked in."

Camila said giggling when she finished speaking along with the others. I was blushing along with Dinah, who gave them the finger once Camila started laughing.

"Whatever. Did you guys pick what movie to watch later?"

Dinah asked as she wrapped her arms around my stomach, intertwining our fingers. Ally shook her head, then stood up and went to get two movies off the table. Lauren, Normani, and Nadia went to the kitchen to get bowls and cups with directions from Camila.