Chapter 20

“There was something soul-

burningly about being on

the brink of losing control,

tumbling over into the

unknown and I wanted to

fall and never resurface.”

-Jennifer L. Armentrout, Onyx.

TEMPLAR P.O.V

I opened the balcony’s door and entered Jan’s room. She was lying on the bed and crying, when she saw me she got up and came running to hug me.

“I swear, I didn’t ask him to mark Me.” she told me sobbing. “I couldn’t stop him, I’m so sorry.”

“Hush! Jan, it’s okay.”

“I’m not going to join their pack. I will not.” She told me when I made her sit on the bed.

“You don’t have to. Talk to Terence about it tomorrow, okay?” I told her.

“I’ll never talk to that peacock again.” She told me shaking her head and wiped her nose. “Are they mad?” she asked me.

“They were, but after I hit Terence they are all cool.” I told her grinning at the memory of me fighting Terence. It was fun, to see him being the one taking the hits.

What bothered me was when I used to hit him he would lunge at me but none of his moves were to attack me. He didn’t even try to attack me when I hit him.

“You hit him? Is he okay?” Jan squeaked and I raised my eyebrows at my best friend.

“What? No thanks Tem?” I asked her chuckling and sat on the bed.          

“Oh yeah, thanks Tem but is he okay?” she asked me again with concern for Terence.

“He is fine, I knocked him out but he might be up by now.” I told her.

“Huh.” She said sulking.

“You need some rest.” I told her, “Sleep.”

“Daddy is going to come tomorrow.” She told me and I noticed the worried look on her face.

“Mike won’t tell anything, he’ll be happy for you.” I assured her and she smiled at me.