Chapter 6

It's been a month since we moved here and I made a few more friends next to Kylie and Merlin. Alicia sticks with us now in school, after she found out I used to wear dresses like hers. Plus she kind of gives me a Tuberose every now and then, telling me it's from Felix.

If I'm talking about Felix he now freely greets me in public. Even gives me a compliment and smile, which is said to be a rare sight for him.

And today Jack, the star quarterback, decided to pick on Kylie and dare her to go inside the haunted house on the hill. So guess where we're at now.

"Come on Kylie are you a chicken?" Stacey, the head cheerleader asked.

Did I mention that the whole football team and cheerleaders are here? No? Must have slipped my mind.

"Will you shut up Stacey? Nobody asked you anything." Merlin barked.

He was more stressed out than Kylie was. And the fact that it was night was not helping her situation.

"Come on Kylie, don't be a coward." Jack groaned, face palming himself. "God just go in there."

Kylie gulped and stepped forward but froze over when a flicker of light moved in the second floor window. Kylie was officially paralyzed with fear.

"I knew this was a waste of time." Jack mumbled. "Should have called out the nerd, he'd done a much better job."

"Why don't you go in? Seeing that you are not afraid." I challenged him.

"The day you step into that house and come out alive, so will I." He stated, thinking I wouldn't have the guts.

"Well then. This is your lucky day." But he was so wrong.

Merlin jerked his whole body to face me with a terrified look. Kylie gripped my arm, but I winked at her and smiled.

I'm not afraid of ghosts nor demons. But I still have this wrenching feeling that something bad will happen.

And knowing me it always does.

* * *

The stairs creaked underneath my feet. They were old and made of dark wood, but were quite strong and coated with dust. Jack was heaving like a horse behind me, sticking like glue to my side.

I would love for the rumored Devil worshipers to come and take him as a sacrifice now.

We walked up to the second floor and looked around. Does Felix seriously live in this abandoned house? I mean the wallpaper is faded and torn, the furniture scattered and in no better shape than the walls, plus I think I even see rain spots and mold in the corners. The roof is leaking everywhere, the windows are only for decoration and the floor boards could break any minute now.

"What was that?" Jack grabbed my arm, when the wind moaned by the shattered glass windows.

"The wind." I deadpanned.

Shaking off his hand we continued to walk down the hall, peeking into every room, until we made it to a door that was locked.

"This is weird." I tried the handle a few times but it didn't budge. "It's locked."

"All the better, now can we go?" Jack said.

"No. You dared me to check every room remember dumb ass? I won't let you call me a whiny bitch because of this." I said.

He then mumbled and tried the door, banging it with his side. But it still didn't budge.

"Move." I ordered and backed up a step.

I raised my foot and banged the door a few times, until it finally opened. Now I regret not listening to Jack.

This room was different than the others. It was bigger with a table placed in the middle serving as an altar. Behind it an upside down pentagram graced the white, almost yellow wall, painted in blood. Hopefully animal blood. All sorts of jars were placed on every side, housing weird objects in them.

My breathing became erratic as my brain registered the scene in front of me. This was a sacrificing room for Satan.

I heard scratching on the walls and weird whispering. Jack heard it as well and moved closer to me. My body started quivering in fear. Memories over flooding my brain. The jars started shaking and my eyes widened.

This can't be happening again!

And then I heard it. An ear piercing roar and a girly scream from Jack. My mind went blank and I didn't even register the laughs that followed.

"Dude, we got you!"

"Man this was so awesome!"

"You idiots scared me to death!" Jack yelled.

I still stood there, squirming in fear. My vision dotted with red and black, a haunting scream vibrating through my mind.

"Hey, is she okay?"

"I don't know..."

"No, no, no, no, no." I kept repeating, covering my ears with my hands. "Please let me go, please let me go!"

The memory of that night kept replaying in my head over and over again. It was frightening and chilling to the bone.

"Dude it was just a prank chill."

Another round of shaking began and I felt it. I felt him near me. I felt him inside of me. Waiting to be released. Burning me inside, like a scorching fire.

"Get him out of me! Get him out of me!" I kept screaming and screaming, the same words over and over again.

And suddenly as I opened my eyes I saw him. I saw those ugly black hollow eyes. Those ugly pair of yellowing teeth. Grey rotting skin and height of no human. The spiraling horns were glowing white and his claws a deadly black. He was growling.

I screamed at the top of my lungs when he slashed the boy's neck with his claw. The boy next to the dead body stood frozen while he visibly squeezed the boy's head into nothing. Jack pushed me at the monster and ran out the door, but he didn't make it far. He caught up with him and bit off his head, blood trickling down his chin.

Then the monster turned towards me and threw Jack through the window, loosing interest in the boy in a second. He walked towards my shaking body, leaning his 8 foot body down to mine. The smile that formed on his disgusting face made my stomach do a 360° flip. And the fire that was enveloping him was making my eyes burn.

"Missed me girly?"