10.

"So, what's the plan?" I asked Optimus, ducking in my seat as a small missile exploded just beside us. "We'll try to lose them in town, when we get there I need you to take cover..." he instructed, turning out of Cade's driveway and onto the main road. I nodded in response, not wanting to question him as the chase became more intense. Something flashed in the rear-view mirror, and I turned my gaze to be met with a sliver/grey Lamborghini Adventador, who was currently hot on our tail. "Uh Optimus, we have company!" I announced, holding onto my seat as he swerved to dodge an oncoming car. Optimus finally made it into town and came to a sudden halt before throwing open the driver-side door "Go and hide, I'll come back for you I promise!" He shouted, revving his engine in impatience. I quickly jumped out of his alt-mode and spun around, watching as he sped off down the road and back out of town, possible to find the Lamborghini who had now vanished.

I ran a hand through my now messy hair, and slowly began to back away onto the sidewalk, ignoring the stares I got from strangers from my sudden entrance. I ran down the streets in a mad dash for cover searching everywhere for some place to hide, but I knew this town like the back of my hand, and there was pretty much nowhere I could stay out of sight. I continued to run, searching for any sign of Cade, Tessa or Lucas. I didn't have to look very far, as the sound of explosions and the distant sound of metal hitting metal turned my attentions to an abandoned complex just on the outskirts of town, where I saw Optimus and what looked to be a Decepticon fighting on the roof. I headed in that general direction, being careful to avoid the Cemetery Wind patrol cars cruising around town. After eventually making it out, I sprinted towards the complex. My legs were already burning and my breath was as uneven as it is, I was struggling to breathe with the excessive amount of running, and mentally sighed in relief when I had finally reached my destination. 

After running through buildings and passing destroyed Cemetery Wind cars, I reached a clearing where I spotted Cade, Tessa, Lucas and a man I had never seen before jump out of the car. "Guys! Over here!" I called out, waving my arms wildly in the air. I watched as Cade turned his gaze towards me, and chuckled mentally at his visible sigh of relief. The honking of a horn caught my attention, causing me to turn my head and wince slightly as Optimus's alt-mode skidded to a stop beside me. With a grateful sigh, I climbed up the side of his alt-mode and hung onto the side of the door waiting for the other to join me. Tessa, Cade and the other man began to run, but Lucas was still in the car shouting "My foot's stuck! Wait Cade!". A deep rumbling sound echoed around the area, and I lifted my gaze to be met with the green eyes of the Decepticon, who carried a small strange device before tossing it down towards us. My eyes widened "Run!' I called out to them, before covering my eyes as explosions and immense heat blinded me. I jumped inside Optimus's alt-mode, which somewhat shielded me from heat but only just. Once everything had died down, I lifted my head above the dash board and stared in shock at the scene before me. 

A large patch of metal stretched out in all directions, stopping just before Optimus. Cade sat beside me in the passenger seat, whilst Tessa and the other guys sat in the back. I was glad that they were okay, but my attention was focused on something else...or rather someone. In the center of the patch of metal was a figure, a skeleton to be exact. His clothes had been burnt off as well as his skin, the smell of burnt flesh filling the air. I choked in shock, placing a hand to my mouth as tears threatened to fall from my eyes.

Poor Lucas...he didn't deserve this.

"C'mon, let's go" the mystery man stated, bringing me out of my frozen state. A gentle hand was placed on my shoulder, which I knew to be Cades "Hey, it's ok..." he whispered, rubbing soothing circles onto my shoulder blade. Optimus began ti drive away from the scene, not wanting to be in the area any longer for fear of being caught. I completely understood, but didn't say a word as I was still in a state of disbelief that I had just watched someone I knew for years, die right before my eyes.