Chapter 6

This chapter is dedicated to: @vkookcells_ for the amazing book cover.. thank you so much!

Hoseok's POV

- earlier that day -

After lunch, Jimin and I had to leave for our sea lion show. We bid our friends goodbye before heading off. As we were walking, I noticed Jimin was smiling sheepishly to himself.

"You look stupid," I joked while nudging him slightly with my elbow. "Why are you smiling?"

"Oh nothing," he giggled.

"Tell me! Tell me! Tell me!" I repeatedly jumped circles around him, urging him to spill the beans.

"Aish! Alright hyung!" He groaned. "God, sometimes I wonder who's actually the hyung around here."

I rolled my eyes and wrapped my arm around Jimin. "So what is it?"

"I-I think I like Jungkook." Jimin blushed.

"You mean shark bait?" I scrunched my forehead. "The new kid?"

He hummed in response. "He's cute."

"It seems like Taehyung is taking an interest in Jungkook too." I groaned in annoyance.

"I hope not." Jimin mumbled. "We both know how long you've liked Taehyung for."

"It's just irritating, you know?!" I bursted. "Having one-sided love for your best friend who's too dumb to see it! He doesn't even take the time to notice all the hints I'm dropping. Am I making it too difficult?"

Jimin shook his head. "Everyone sees the way you and Taehyung hang around each other like a couple. In fact, it's surprising you guys aren't officially dating."

I sighed. "No shit. And it's going to be a lot more difficult with Jungkook in the way."

"Hyung, I told you that I like Jungkook right?"

"Yeah?"

"So what if I get Jungkook too fall in love with me? Then you can have Taehyung all for yourself." He suggested.

I thought for a moment, unhooking my arm from around his shoulder. "That could be a possibility. We'll see."

After the sea lion show, Jimin and I had a small meet and greet with the kids, letting them interact with the animals.

Jimin and I always have the best time while working together. There's never a dull moment when we're together. One time, the seal accidentally threw up on him.

I'm thankful that I have a friend like him. He's always there for me; from listening to my problems to driving around mindlessly for hours at night.

"Yah Jimin! Stop blowing the bubbles at me!"

Earlier a kid handed Jimin a small bottle of bubbles and he's been constantly blowing it at me.

"Oh please Hobie! You love bubbles!" He giggled. "You know you want to pop them."

"No." I growled. "I have to remain cool."

"Cool?" Jimin scoffed. "Cool my ass." He teased, blowing more bubbles at me.

"Yah!" I yelled, swatting the bubbles to the side.

"See! You're getting the hang of it." He laughed.

I shook my head in disapproval, but eventually ended up playing with the bubbles. "If anyone from school sees us doing this, our bad boy images are going to be ruined."

"We can just beat them up to make sure they stay quiet." Jimin winked.

"And they say Taehyung is the violent one."