Chapter 4

"Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind, And therefore is winged Cupid painted blind. "

-William Shakespeare 

**********************

Songs for this chapter- She Will Be Loved- Maroon 5

                                               Someone Like You-Adele

(Song Suggestions Are Welcome)

**********************

PICTURE- Tia Ellison Curtis (played by Vanessa Hudgens)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I honestly wasn't expecting this class to be so interesting. Mr. Martinez sure knows what he is talking about", Armel said to me as we made our way out of the class.

"The class sure was interesting", I responded, nodding my head but for a whole different reason.

"Lucia, may I ask you a question?", his voice came out a bit broken and unsure like he was still contemplating in his head whether to ask me the question or not.

"Yes sure", I gave him a reassuring smile.

He nodded his head as if my response had given him a boost of confidence. " Do you know that Jason Chase from before? Eh, do you like him?"

"What?", I admit I was a tad bit shocked by his question. "Like him? What makes you think I like him?"

"Well, for the starters you called him your ange gardien. Guardian angel. And you couldn't seem to take um...your eyes off him?", it sounded more like a question, like he was too afraid he had offended me.

He hadn't though, he just wasn't aware and I couldn't tell him. Not yet at least.

"No, no I don't like him, I mean I do but not that way. I don't even know him", I uttered quickly.

An expression that can only be described as pure bewilderment covered his face. "I don't quite understand you, jeune fille."

I sighed, I wish I could explain but it's not that easy.

"Look Armel, I don't like him yeah? I don't know him either.It's a long story but I can't tell you right now. You understand right?", I looked at him expectantly.

"I'm trying", he replied. "Let's forget this. okay? Let's just go to the canteen. I'm starving", he said clutching his stomach dramatically.

I laughed. "Yes, me too."

Just then someone brushed past me hurriedly and a distinct essence of his cologne, crisp mint and pinewood, hit me. Even from behind I could make out who he was.

Jason Chase.

"Armel", I quickly turned to him. "You go to the cafeteria, I'll meet you there."

I was already chasing Jason. "But where are you going?", Armel called out after me.

"Be right there", I shouted back and rushed past hordes of students. Jason was already descending the staircase. "Hey", I called out to him. "Hey, wait!"

But, he didn't seem to hear me, he just kept walking without as much as a pause. Where is he going? I rushed down the stairs like a mad woman earning scathing looks from everyone I passed. But I didn't care anymore. I had to stop him. "Halt man, halt", I said in a majestic Roman accent which for some reason I find useful in situations like these, but it seemed to me that this person was deaf. Why can't he hear me?