Chapter 2

✿◕‿◕✿ Tessa's P.O.V

After a boring hour my teacher finally finished his lecture. I was on the verge of dying until I was saved by the lunch bell. How can a man make a five minute explanation about our upcoming trip to the forest, into a speech on how we can find different types of soils? His mono toned voice didn't help me either.

As I made my way into the cafeteria, I spotted my sister waving at me from the other side of the room. For people in different cliques, I actually got along with some of the cheerleaders pretty well. Well sort of, some of them are just plain stupid.

"Hey guys."

A wide smile appeared onto my face as I saw a big piece of red velvet cake sitting in front of my sister. As I sat in the seat right next to Chasity, I couldn't help it to eyeball it some more. I'm pretty sure drool was going to come out of my mouth sooner or later.

"If you want it, you can have it Tessa. You're acting like mom doesn't feed us properly." A giggle came out of her mouth as she pushed the plate towards me. I gave her a big hug before I started to devour all of the cake in three whole bites. Everyone at the table started to eye me as I put the plastic fork down.

"What?" I casually said, not realizing what the big deal was.

"How could you eat like that and not get fat at all?" One of the cheerleaders chirped in. I gave her a quick shrug before making my way into my bag, pulling out a container full of fries and a burger. I heard even more gasps from around the table. It's like they never seen food before.

"Let me rephrase that, how can you eat like a man and not gain a single pound?"

"I do not eat like a man! This is an average portion for lunch." I defended myself. My eyes wandered around the table, seeing plates of salads everywhere. Well they were cheerleaders, don't they have a strict diet or something?

I quickly checked my phone for any new messages. Not surprisingly, I had a message from Keaton. Since the little incident that had happen last Friday, I've been receiving a bunch of texts from him all weekend.

Of course I'm not stupid enough to reply to him, even though I really just wanted to tell him to shut up. Maybe if I keep ignoring him, he will give up on the whole Lucky Charm thing. I quickly skimmed over the texts that he had just sent, maybe proclaiming his defeat?

Keaton: Tessie, did I make you nervous when we kissed? You just can't handle me. What? Too hot for you? Is that why you refuse to answer?

"Hey Tessa, can I talk to you for a second?"

I took my eyes of off my phone and took a glance upwards to see that Jake Farrons sitting in the seat across from me. When did he get here?

"Um, yea sure?"

Jake was your typical jock, he was the quarterback at this school. I avoided making conversation with him as much as possible because of his crazy and possessive girlfriend. Plus, we aren't exactly on friendly terms.

"You shouldn't be hanging around with guys from Pineview. You're sort of considered a cheerleader since you fill in sometimes, and kissing guys from there would mean betraying the Bulldogs."

"What?" I accidentally blurted out, almost choking on my own spit. He gave me a blank stare as if I was stupid.

"Everyone around here knows you kissed Collins."