One Year Later

My cell phone buzzed just as I was pulling into the iHop parking lot. 

It was a text from Macy. 

You have 120 seconds to find me. 

I laughed as I locked the car and walked into the restaurant. I headed straight for table sixteen, where my girlfriend was waiting for me. 

"Found you," I said, as I slid into the booth next to her, kissing her gently on the lips. 

"You always do," she said, smiling up at me. God, she's so beautiful. 

"So, how did it go?" I asked, just as Kelly and Sam walked in through the front door, laughing and walking hand in hand. 

"It went really well! Dr. Greene said I'm all done!" Macy exclamined, just as Sam and Kelly slid into the booth across from us. 

"Really? That's awesome!" I said, wrapping my arm around her and pulling her against me. "I'm so proud of you, Mace."

"You're all done?" Kelly asked, leaning across the table and squeezing Macy's hand. 

"Yeah! No more therapy for me," Macy smiled. "Thank you, guys. All of you. I don't know where I would be without you."

"Don't mention it," Kelly said. 

"Well, I'm family so...," Sam muttered embarrassed. 

"Always," I breathed, kissing Macy on the cheek. 

I smiled down at Macy and winked, just as our server came over to take our order. 

"What get I get for you all?" She asked, her pen and pad in hand.

"We're going to get four orders of chocolate chip pancakes," Macy said, her blue eyes sparkling with amusement. 

"And coffee," Kelly said. 

"Lots of coffee," Sam amended, and Kelly leaned over and kissed him on the cheek.

"You take such good care of me," Kelly beamed.

"You know what, I'll have some too," Macy said. "Max?"

"Coffee sounds good," I said as Kelly winked at me and Macy rested her head on my shoulder, making my heart beat faster inside my chest. "I love you," I whispered into her ear, because now that I'd started saying it, I just couldn't stop. 

"I love you, too," She whispered, and I could hear her smile as she said it. "Forever."

"Forever," I replied. 

I know that we both meant it.