Painful Love

Percy sighed, of course she would. Annabeth knew he didn't have anyone else to ask for help, and she was totally taking advantage of that.

"What is it." He said, struggling to not talk down to her.

"If I help you save her," Annabeth said, smirking, "You have to break up with her."
Percy stared at her through the Iris message so long, it informed him he was out of time. He frantically shoved another drachma into the fountain, and again Annabeth's face reappeared.

"Okay... Once she's saved, I'll break up with her," Percy muttered defeatedly.

Annabeth's smirk turned smug, and she nodded, "I'll meet you just inside the dream."
Percy could only nod to keep from begging her not to make him leave Rachel. He wondered why she was doing this, as it shouldn't affect her. It wasn't like he would date her once Rachel and him broke up. She was still too controlling and demanding. It really would only make Percy a loner.

Annabeth waved and the Iris message ended. Percy remembered he was on short time, and ran to the Hecate cabin. He grabbed the arm of a random Hecate kid, and looked him right in the eye.
The boy fidgeted nervously, and practically whined out, "It was Annabeth's idea to summon the chimera! I had no idea Rachel would get hurt... She just wanted to stop the final contest of monomachia!"

Percy gave him an incredulous look, "You mean Rachel's dying because of Annabeth?"
The kid's eyes widened, and he shook his head, "Th-That's not what I m-meant!"
Percy's expression darkened, and he glared at the boy. "Just get me into Rachel's dream. Now!"

The boy nodded vigorously, his muscles tensed in fear as Percy released his grip on the kid.

He snapped, and a tiny portal appeared. Percy looked at him with an are-you-serious face. The boy bit his lip, and snapped again, causing the portal to grow to the size of a French bulldog. The boy snapped again, sweat dripping down his brow. He kept snapping, and it sounded like he was trying to create the tune to a very unrhythmic song. By the time the portal was large enough for Percy to squeeze through, the boy had fainted with a nosebleed. Percy looked back at the boy, and thought about staying to help him.

If I stay, Rachel is at risk of being stuck in that world forever.... Plus I don't have any idea how long this portal will stay open. If I go, this kid might still be syphoning (a word he'd only previously learned from Annabeth) his energy into keeping this open.

Percy did what he thought was right. He yelled as loudly as he could, "HELP!" And stepped through the portal. The sensation was like shadow traveling, but a thousand times worse. When he came through, he was in the same place as when he'd stepped through, except the poor boy was gone, and nobody was in sight. It was an empty camp.

-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-

Annabeth arrived at the Hecate cabin only a short time later, with a bag of provisions she was absolutely positive Percy hadn't thought to bring. Seaweed brained indeed. When she got there, she found the Hecate kid who's summoned the chimera for her passed out, dried blood caking the dip above his lip. She silently cursed, knowing Percy had found out about her role in the chimera incident. The boy wasn't very strong willed, nor had he been very careful. But at least the portal was still open. It had shrunk, but Annabeth would be able to fit through. Looking behind her, she saw a few kids headed her way. She crouched down, and crammed herself into the white portal. She felt like she'd just done a bazillion front rolls in a row with no break. She felt bile rise to her throat, and she choked it back down, the acid burning her throat.

When she came out on the other side, she was just in a mirrored world. Camp was empty. The only difference in the scenery though was the grass was darker green, almost unnatural. Before she could move, Annabeth put her hands on her knees, and just took deep breaths. Her stomach was in knots, and she wished she was prepared for that. Her pack had gone through the portal odd, and had landed a few feet away, caught on the branch of a tall tree. How that was even possible when the portal was dozens of feet below, not even Annabeth knew off the top of her wise, wise head. She groaned and hobbled over to the old tree, where she leaned heavily against it. After a little while she regained her composure, and began to do the daunting task of climbing the tree.

/-/time skip /-/

Upon finally reaching the branch that held her bag, Annabeth grabbed it, and was about to head down when she took a look around. She could see the entirety of camp... Except up where Thalia's pine should be. Instead was a huge, gorgeous mansion. It made her angry that anyone, or anything as this was a dream, would dig up her best friend's memorial, and the camp's protection, for a fancy house with a nice view. It made her mad.

Percy was nowhere in sight, and Annabeth wondered if he was ok. Shaking her head, she slid down the tree, wincing as bits of loose bark dug into her palms. She must have gained at least five splinters from that stupid tree!
She opened her bag with raw, scraped fingers and hands, and pried open the ambrosia bag with pain. Taking less than a quarter square, she swallowed it, savoring the sweet taste. She watched as the splinters and scrapes vanished.

She zipped the bag back up and placed it in her bag, which she returned to her back. Walking at a faster pace, Annabeth hurried towards the house, keeping an eye out for Percy.