03. New Lab Partner

Phew, I barely reached school in time! I had just fifteen seconds to spare.

I usually leave for school half an hour earlier because I am a slow walker. I don't go in a car nor a limo because my doctor said that the walk would be good for me.

At least, I finished the test in time.

Now, I am in Chemistry class. We're doing some experiments. My lab partner transferred to another school and now I do not have one.

My Chemistry teacher, Mr Henley, said he would pair me up with someone else. But honestly, I like to play solo.

I don't want to a part of an entire orchestra. I'm all right with just going on alone

I have finished my experiment so now I am looking around the class  for signs of any intelligent life on the planet called Chemistry Lab.

Another girl, who is also without a lab partner, is struggling with her experiment.

I think her name is Allison Crimsom. She is not exactly the brightest student when it comes to Chemistry.

She looks up and spots me. Maybe, she saw that I was staring.

How embarrasing!

But she smiles at me.

Er... okay...

She goes back to her work but picks up a wrong flask and pours it in. I try to mouthword it but it is too late.

Boom!

Is the next sound I hear. I look at her to see her covered with something like black dust. Mr Henley comes running over. Luckily, the chemical that caused the explosion was not toxic. Mr Henley then takes her to wash the dust off.

After a few moments everything is back to normal and the bell rings. I see Allison sigh in releif.
I instantly chuckle a bit. She turns around and smiles back.

As I'm packing my bag, I see the journal I took from the attic. Oh, right! I forgot about that.

"Lindsey..."

"Yes, Mr Henley?"

"Hm, I did not say anything. But Ms Knightley, Ms Crimsom, please come here."

That's weird, I'm sure I heard it. Well, maybe I am losing my mind.

But Mr Henley nor Allison look like they think I am crazy. I guess I am not. That is a relief.

Anyhow, Allison and I go to Mr. Henley's desk.

"Since, you two were chuckling and mouthwording up in class, why don't you two become partners?" he says while raising an eyebrow.

We both stare at eachother but eventually nod.

"Good, then please clean the class room. I have other classes after the break, you see."

"Yes, Mr Henley," we both simultaneously say.

Kaboom!

And chapter 03 ends. Anyway, the next part is out now.

Love,
MS Zame:)