Chapter 44~ Give him time

I sat in bed leaning my back against the headboard stroking Mason's hair as he slept in my arms. He was holding me tightly practically on top of me snoring softly.

I haven't been able to fall back to sleep ever since I saw him watching me. I can honestly say that he scared me... He's making me nervous with his behaviour and I'm honesty a little scared.

I looked down at him as he slept and ran my fingers through his brown hair, he sighed pulling me closer kissing my wrist and I heard a knock on the door.

"Jordyn? Mason?" Evan said and I tensed as I felt Mason stir. 'Don't wake him up' I said to Evan in our mind link.

'Why? What's wrong?' He said tensely

'I don't know yet... Something isn't right with him. He's acting weird'

'I saw yesterday but I just thought he was worried about you' Evan said. I looked down at Mason and froze as he was awake staring at me.

'I'll explain later... He's... He's awake'

"Good morning" I smiled softly and he looked around, I heard Evan walk away making me sigh.

"Did you sleep?" He mumbled sitting up "a little" I said stretching my legs, "liar" he said rubbing his shoulder. "How did you sleep?" I asked and he just nodded "good" he said making me smile.

"That's good" I said making him look at me. "your tense" he mumbled making me gulp "am I? My back is just stiff" I chuckled standing up stretching "not that kind of stiff... You're nervous. Why?" He asked making me look at him.

"I'm going to go shower" I said looking away from his dark eyes. "Jordyn" he said sternly making me stop in my tracks, I stood in the doorway of the bathroom with my back to him. "Why are you so nervous?" He asked again, I turned around facing him seeing him standing by the bed frowning.

"Mason..."

"Tell me"

"You're not acting like yourself" I mumbled looking down as he frowned "I'm fine-"

"No. You're not. Everyone notices how different you've been acting since you woke up. You're different... You seem.. More dark"

"Dark... Like evil dark?" He snorted humourlessly, "your kidding. Right?" He said walking to me "what happened to you when you were in the coma?" I asked backing away making him clench his jaw.

"Don't back away from me" he whispered darkly making me shiver "answer me... Please. Maybe we can help you" I said leaning against the wall.

He walked closer putting his hands on the wall caging me in making me gulp. "Please talk to me" I whispered touching his chest, "it was always you" he whispered making me frown.

"What was?"

"They tortured me by hurting you" he muttered putting his head against mine, "they hurt you so much. They killed you in front of me so many times over and over again... All I heard was you crying and screaming begging me to make them stop but I couldn't move" he said closing his eyes.

I sighed cupping his face putting my forehead on his, "and then to wake up to see you being fucking stabbed by that... That bitch!" He growled Hitting the wall next to my head making me flinch.

He shut his eyes tightly and I wrapped my arms around his neck "it's okay" I whispered hugging him. "No. It's not" he muttered grabbing my waist tightly pulling me against his body.

"You don't understand the things they did to you. That they made me watch"

"It wasn't real. It's okay-"