{2}

{2}

Emma's POV

Making our way though the thousands of people, I saw a ferry coming up to the dock. Each Ferry had about another 100 or so people. Which meant that not only the weather out here was horrible, but we had to deal with everyone else's heat radiating off their bodies.

Owen and I sighed In annoyance as people pushed us trying to get to the air conditioned building. I started to get a little light headed, Owen seemed to notice as asked if I was alright. I nodded and just started to breath in 7 seconds, exhale 8 seconds.

"Owen! Emma! Over here." I heard Claire's voice call from where's she's standing. She took one glance at me and her eyes widened. She ran down the stairs faster then I expected with her large heels. "Are you okay? Why are you pale?!" She started to worry, her cold hands touching my face for any sign of a fever.

"Just a little dehydrated, can I get some water?" I asked as she sat me down in a chair near by." She nodded, running over to a vending machine to get me a water bottle. "Thank you so much Claire" so she does have a soft side... Damn. Everyone here thought she was the ice queen.

"Claire." Owen awkwardly said. I looked down at my lap, my fingers fumling with the label on the bottle. I just sat there awkwardly taking sips from my water bottle. The tension was so bad, it felt like the walls were caving in.

"So, my nephews Zach and Gray are coming down here for a couple days. They are on the ferry right now coming in a few minutes. I need you to watch them, I'm jam packed with meetings. That is if you're feeling okay to do it." Claire said smiling at me, her hand placed on my shoulder.

"Let me just finish my water and I'll be able to help."

"Thank you so much Emma. The tall one is Zach and the small one is Gray. Bring them to meet me once you get them and then you can bring them around the park."

"Can I ask why you chose me instead of like the hundreds of other people who work here?"

"I just feel that since you're closer to their ages you'll be able to get along better with them" she stated as she smiled at me. She really isn't that bad. I gave her a small nod, she have me another toothy smile and nodded back.

"Okay! And you Owen, go home."

"Here take this" Claire said as she passed me a card and a box. The card had the kids names on them, the box contained the VIP bracelets for them. She thanked me again and excused herself as she headed off for one of her meetings.

I took a deep breath and headed for the crowded dock.

Uploaded: August 5 2015
Edited: October 10,2016

Re-edited: April 23rd, 2018