{3}

{3}

Zachs POV

"Gray! Slow down!" I yelled at the kid who was running down the deck to meet our Aunt Claire. It's our first time seeing her in seven years, when I was still in middle school and Gray was in elementary school. Last time I saw her she worked in a mall, so I have no clue how she upgraded to this.

"Woah." I heared him gasp as he got a view of the park. Not gonna lie, this is one of the coolest things I've ever seen.

"Why does that girl have our names on a card?" He pointed to a rather cute girl with Brown hair in a side braid, and coco colored eyes. She was wearing a black tank top, with a red flannel, and jean shorts. And hot damn was she pretty. She was standing there with a slight frown on her face as she played with her bracelet.

"I see Aunt Claire ditched us again." I mumbled, catching her attention.We walked over to her, I smoothed down my hair as Gray nudged me in the side. She looked at us, a smile making its way on her face. I could tell it wasn't a real one, but she was trying.

"Hi! I'm Gray!" Gray gushed in her face. He took her hand and shook it firmly. I chuckled, he's only 12 but has the brain and maturity of a 20 year old.

"Oh, Hey. You guys are older than I thought." She chuckled as Gray still had a grip on her hand.

"I'm Zach." I nodded my head.

"I'm Emma, uh. I work here, and I'm a raptor trainer. Your aunt sent me to meet you guys. She's in a meeting so she wants me to take you guys around." She said, now you could tell she was genuinely smiling.

"I don't need a babysitter, I'm 17" I scoffed.

"And I'm 12!" Gray shouts, smiling.

"Well I'm 17, woohoo we all know each other's ages" she said sarcastically. Damn, fierce and sarcastic, I like it.

Beep beep

My phone rung as I got a text from my girlfriend. She sent me a message that said "I already miss you baby😭" I want to brake up with her but I don't want to hurt her. I don't answer her hoping she'll catch on. Don't get me wrong, I did love her at first. But she wasn't adventurous like me. I couldn't do anything with her out her saying how she didn't want to mess up her hair or makeup.

I put my phone back into my pocket, I followed Emma and Gray to a Tall building.

"Your aunt wanted to meet you here" Emma said.

"come on you guys are snails!" Gray yelled grabbing Emma's hand.

"Wait! Can we go in?! Please???" Gray begged pointing to a photo booth. Emma looked at me and I shrugged. We went in, but we had to squish together.

Emma's POV

I was in the middle of the guys. For the first picture, we made stupid faces. I was crossing my eyes and sticking my tongue out, Gray was making t-Rex arms, and Zach was making double chin. For the next picture, Gray, Zach, and I made fish faces. And the last picture we were all laughing like a bunch of idiots.

We pushed the button with a number 3 so it prints 3 copies. We got out and grabbed our pictures. I smiled and put the picture in my pocket. Definitely gonna be a fun thing to look back on.

We walked into the building and heard an "oh my god" we looked and saw Claire on the stairs, standing in her white outfit and heels.

"You guys have grown up so much. How long had it been? 2,3 years?" She laughed a little.

"7 years." Zach answered not sounding amused with Claire, but adding a fake smile.

"you've grown up so much! You were like this height last time." She used her hand to show the size of Gray. She told them she would meet them tonight for dinner at 8. And tomorrow I will show them around the park again.

"Emma take them to the hotel room and then you can go as well. I need to go and see Owen about the new attraction."

"Yes mam!"I salut her earning a chuckle from Zach, a smile from Gray and a glare from Claire, but she had a small smirk.

I took the boys back to their hotel. We walked into the main loby. Zach and I laughed when we saw gray look around, still dazed at how big the hotel was. We walked up to the elevator and stepped in. I shuttered, I'm not a big fan of elevators.

Zach seemed to notice my flinch. "Are you okay?" He said with what looked like a worried expression. "Yeah, just not the biggest fan of elevators." I said rubbing my arm. He wrapped his arm around my shoulders. I felt something while in his arms. Something that I haven't felt since I came here, safety.

We got to the 20th floor and walked out of the elevator. But the thing is, Zach didn't remove his arm from my shoulders. We got to their room and unlocked it. Gray plopped onto his bed, his smile never leaving his face.

"I'll pick you guys up around 9 a.m. Get some rest soon, I'll see you guys tomorrow. I was about to walk out the door, but gray jumped up and ran to hug me. He wrapped his arms around my waist and rested his head on my chest. "See you soon" he mumbled.

Gray let go and Zach walked up to me. He wrapped his arms around my waist, instinctively my arms looped themselves around his neck. "Thank you for helping me calm down in the elevator." I whispered in his ear. He said "no problem." He whispered back, his hot breath brushing past my ear. He tucked his face in the corner of my neck, I could feel him smiling.

This was weird, that I was letting him do that. We did just meet, but I felt a strange connection with him. Besides from Owen, he was the only person who ever made me feel safe. His warm breath was the only thing I could feel at the moment.

I heard a small click, still in Zach's arms we looked at Gray to see he was holding a camera. He gave us a dorky smile and said "what? Mom said to take pictures."

I chucked, letting go of Zac, my face was heated. "I'll see you guys tomorrow" I smiled.

Published: August 6th 2015
Edited: October 11, 2016
Re-edited: May 5th, 2018