Chapter 53: Forever and Always

Louis and I had arrived just in time for the start of the Manchester United vs Manchester City game. Of course, we were both wearing our Red Devil jerseys, personalized with our own last names and numbers. We had been recognized only a few times and the stadium's security managed to ward off the fans. Halftime was just finishing up and the score was still nil-nil. The crowd was especially loud today, probably because of the big rivalry between the two teams. Manchester City had beaten Manchester United last year and it was time for their revenge, we hoped. Welbeck started with the ball and quickly passed it up to Persie. Persie took the ball up the field but was stopped by one of the opposing team's players as he kicked it across the boundary line.

"So, what do you think of the seats?" I asked Louis, pointing out that there was no one in front of us.

"It's amazing! I've never had first row. I seriously feel like the ball is going to hit me in the face whenever they come near." he laughed excitedly.

"Well I'm make sure to protect you since your face is obviously more precious than anyone else here." I joked.

The game was back in progress and now Manchester City had the ball. I started biting on my fingernails, as they got closer to the box. One of the players took a shot and luckily, our goalkeeper caught it. He passed it to a defender and he then began to move down the line. Looking for someone to pass to, he chipped the ball in the air and Powell, a midfielder, brought it down. He did a quick drag and push, passing the defender in a quick second. Accelerating, he flew up the field and crossed the ball over to Rooney who then took a hard shot into the goal. Half the stadium erupted into cheers and everyone got on their feet. Louis put his arm around me as we jumped and screamed while watching Rooney and a few other players run around the field in celebration.

With only ten minutes left in the half, it was highly unlikely that Manchester City would be able to score. United had control of the ball for pretty much all of the final minutes of the game, giving them a win and all the fans bragging rights over their angry neighbors. It was a good way to start off my one-year anniversary with Louis. I know, one year? It feels like it's been two months. I guess time flies when you're in love.

"Good game huh?" Louis asked me as we started walking up the steps and exiting the stadium.

"Yeah, it was great! Rooney's shot was awesome, looked like a Ronaldo sort of one."

"You always have to compare everyone to Ronaldo, don't you?" he laughed.

"Pretty much. United was so much better when he was on the team." I said and Louis simply shook his head.

"You only like him cause you think he's hot." he said.

"No! I mean, he is, but he's a good player too! Stop staring at me like that, it's creepy!" I pushed his face away, wiping the creepy stare off and making him laugh.

"Alright, well, what would you like to do now? We can stay in Manchester, or go home. It's up to you."

"Ummm... I guess we could see what's going on around here. I've only been here once actually, maybe there's something fun we could do." I said and Louis nodded. We quickly exited the stadium and found Louis car in the parking lot. Having no idea where we were going, we decided to just cruise around town. It seemed to be centered all around the University, which was a really pretty set of buildings at the center of the city. Maybe I could study here. We turned down a smaller street and found that it led to a park. We circled it, noticing a large crowd of people gathered. Curious, we parked the car and walked over to the crowd. Soon enough, we realized it was some kind of music in the park. We had one of these in Santa Cruz, but it was on the beach. Everyone would gather around on blankets and listen to music while eating food. This seemed to be a lot like it.