Three

~Frank's POV~

It had been awhile since I had encountered that blind kid...I think Gerard was his name? I wasn't sure. I was already being buried in schoolwork. I still felt bad, but my guilt was being pushed back by already overdue papers.

School was not made for me.
This blows.

"Raaaaaaay." I groaned, hiding my face in a textbook, "Please save me from my misery."

"If you'll save me from mine first." Ray flipped the pages of his book absently. He sat at the computer table while I layed back on my bed. Classes for the week were done, but this place didn't believe in free weekends.

"Fuck, I think we need a different set of books..." Ray groaned, "Feel like making a library run?"

"Not if it will involve actual running." I muttered, sitting up and letting the book on my face fall into my lap. I stretched my arms out, kicking my feet slightly. It was late. Well, it was dark at least. My tennis ball had broken our wall clock.

"Done deal." Ray said standing up, "Let's go."

I rolled out of bed and somehow managed to land on my feet. I followed Ray out of our dorm in the direction of the school library. I trudged slowly behind Ray as he hurried down the halls.

"Did you chug some fucking coffee crack between the room and here?" I asked. He had stopped momentarily to let me catch up.

"I just want to get this and get back." Ray said, patting my shoulder. "Quicker the better."

I shrugged, continuing at my sluggish pace. We eventually made it to the fairly empty library. Ray sped off in one direction and I just strolled straight ahead.

"Books, books, books..." I mumbled, rubbing my eye. I wasn't even too sure what exactly we were looking for. Just that it was some type of book.

I walked through the rows of shelves around me until I reached the few tables in the middle of the room.

I yawned, pulling out a chair at an empty table and laying my head down on it. I hid my face with my arm and I closed my eyes. Quick power nap couldn't hurt...

~Gerard's POV~

"Bro, it's like ten at night." Mikey whined as he pulled me trough my darkness to the library, "Why do we have to go? I should have told you no."

"But you said yes." I smiled. I just had a good feeling about tonight... Plus word on the street hinted at possible new brail library books.

"Gerard, ever heard of a thing called sleep?"

"Mikey, ever heard of a thing called stop whining and take your poor blind brother to the library?"

"Don't you guilt trip me!"

"Too late, little bro." I laughed. It was the few methods of entertainment I had here in the darkness of my life. Mikey knew I didn't mean it, but it irritated him all the same.

"Alright, if I get the books for you, will you stay at one of the tables in the center?" Mikey asked, changing our course of direction.

"Swear." I said.

"Gerard."

"Fine! I promise." I said in a more mocking tone than intended.

"You owe me..." Mikey continued to grumble.

We walked just a bit further before he stopped, signaling me to stop as well.

"Chair." He said. I felt him guide my hand to a seat to my side. I felt down the back of the chair to find out which direction it was sitting before I finally made an attempt to sit down. I put my hand out and felt a smooth surface to my left.

"Be careful, there's a dude sleeping across from you." Mikey whispered, his hot breath indicating his nearness to my ear.

"Then why don't I sit at a different table?" I asked in an equally hushed tone.

"Because this one's closest to the door." Mikey said, as if it should be the most obvious thing to me, "Back in a minute."

I heard his light footsteps wander off. I sighed and leaned against my chair. I listened and I could hear soft breathing next to me. I let my hand wander upon the smooth tabletop, searching for the place next to me where the breathing came. I finally felt the presence of a something near my hand. I paused momentarily, wondering if the person was still asleep, before moving my hand closer and brushing my fingertips against the stranger.

He was warm. I pictured a warm summer evening when I touched the stranger. That same heat. Hot, but pleasant. I ran my fingers over the strangers hand again when my memory began to seep back into the darkness that surrounded me.

"Hello?" I called out light tone. I only heard a snore in response.

I sighed. I then slid my fingers across the strangers hand to try and maintain the memory picture in the darkness. I continued for a few minutes longer before I felt the hand pull back.

Uh oh.

The soft groan from the stranger the hands belonged to filled my ears.

"Aw shit..."

That voice sounded familiar...

"Hello?" I asked with a slight laugh.

"Hi?" The stranger yawned. There was a second of silent then the stranger spoke again. "Hey! You're that blind guy! Gerard? Listen, I'm so so so sorry for being a dick to you back awhile ago I-"

"It's fine man!" I laughed, waving my hand to wave away his concern. "Happens all the time. It's fine."

"Still..." The stranger trailed off.

"Tell you what?" I said, leaning on the table before another silence could ensue, "tell me your name mysterious human I accidentally kicked."

I heard the stranger laugh. "I'm Frank." He said.

I smiled. "Frank. Nice to meet you sir." I held out my hand to shake, but slowly retracted it. I didn't want to look stupid in front of him.

"Here." I felt Frank's fingers slide along my palm until his hand had a grip on mine. We shook hands and we both laughed lightly.

"Thanks Frank." I smiled again. I wish I knew what Frank looked like. I wish I knew what anyone looked like. I could only ever know someone by a voice. That became their face. But I did like the slight roughness of his voice.

It was kind of a turn on... But that was something I'd keep silently to myself for now...

"No problem Gerard..." Frank trailed off again. He was good at doing that. One of those little things about a person you may never realize if you don't look close enough...

---
A/N~hello lovelies! So I hope you're enjoying my new frerard fic :) I really enjoy writing about this pairing and since my first frerard fic is almost at 900 reads I thought I'd do another one! :) Updates are slower on this fic because I'm really focusing on my Peterick fic rn but updates will still come!
Okay I'm rambling a bit now, I just really hope you're enjoying okay bye!
~Skittles out~