Chapter Three

Keon's brother and Alphonse's son Kyle Wyatt in the media. If you can't see him because Wattpad is acting up, it's Brandon T. Jackson. And his girlfriend Brianna is played by Meagan Good.

_________________________________

            Keon Wyatt

"Uhm sure." She came into the kitchen and took a seat on a stool closest to the edge of the counter away from Kyle and Brianna but closer to me.

I started to introduce her to them but figured it would be pointless. I mean it's not like I'm introducing her to her future brother-in-law and sister-in-law. Because we definitely weren't getting married despite whatever the fuck my dad thought. Besides, Kyle was still looking at her with his 'What the fuck?' face and Brianna was staring as if Naiya was some alien so I figured they wanted answers more than to get to know her.

I went back to finishing up the French toast and there was silence in the kitchen. There was only a matter of time before-

Why he gotta wave his hand in my face while I'm over the stove?

I looked up at Kyle and pointed to my ears. "They're on you know?"

"You wanna run that by me again? She's your what?"

"She's some or-" choose your words lightly this time, "some girl who dad hired to be my wife." SHIT. I lied to her last night and told her that I wasn't Alphonse's son.

See where lying gets you?! Blurting shit out that was supposed to be kept secret.

"I thought you said you weren't that man's son?"

I looked at Naiya and shrugged, "Emotionally I'm not Alphonse's son."

"Is he insane?!" And Kyle was still yelling, making me want to turn these jawns off for real.

"Thought you knew that already Kyle."

"Where is he?!"

"Can you stop yelling at me? And he left last night to fetch pickles and sauerkraut for Reese. He never came back."

"Is he fuckin' serious?! He's trying to make this girl a victim of human trafficking!"

I held my hands up to Kyle, "Watch your words bruh. That automatically puts me into the equation and trust me I have no intentions on laying up with her."

"No he's at fault here Keon. I'll make sure that you aren't accused of anything but-"

"He adopted me actually."

Well now there's really no getting rid of her...

Wait, those people actually allowed his ass to adopt somebody? They ain't see his ass in the news for the scandal of fucking assistant and getting her pregnant? And they gave him a teenager? Oh that place is definitely the Unsafe Harbor. Three strange dudes in black who defy the science of fire by standing out in the rain smoking and they pass off attractive teenage girls to men who have publicly been outed for liking them young.

"He what?" Brianna finally voiced.

"He adopted me. He's been working on the adoption for about five months now. He wanted to wait until I was close to eighteen."

"And when is that?"

"Two months. And that's when he said that I would be married to his son."

I dropped the spatula in my hand. "Oh nah."

"I didn't want this either. But he adopted me and-"

"He paid you too. Don't leave that part out."

"Yeah he offered that too but I only cared about getting out of that place...I couldn't stand it anymore." Tears started to well up in her eyes

And here it goes. That knot in my stomach that always came before that mushy feeling. I swear if I give her a hug...

"It's not your fault." Brianna quickly made it over to her. I looked back down at the gorgeous ass pieces of French toast and began moving them to a plate off the stove to hold them on.

I went to the three pans that Brianna abandoned which held scrambled eggs, bacon and sausage links. When they were done they were moved to a plate next to the French toast.

"So he ain't do nothin' illegal after all." I looked up at Kyle even though I knew the answer.

He shook his head, "Naw. He didn't."

"Now what?" Brianna asked us as she started making a plate of food asking Naiya what she wanted.

"Well it's obvious what we're not gonna do." I muttered, telling myself that there was no way she was going back anywhere near that Unsafe Harbor. There was a reason why she didn't want to go back which explained her standing out in the rain in front of it like she was last night. Besides she's been adopted so she's legally apart of the family now.

"I'll talk to Dad and see why he wants you to get married to her. It doesn't make sense."

"Don't even bother Kyle. He's trying to control me. He's been controlling me for years now."

"You're probably right."

"Besides it's not like he'll tell you. Whatever it is, he doesn't want us to know. But it doesn't matter anyway because me and her aren't jumping anybody's broom or repeating vows."

Kyle shook his head, "This is out of control."

"Should we tell Mom?"

"Nah. Let her come back from D.C. I called her this morning, she's going to a ball tonight and meeting Obama who is supposed to be backing her so...yeah let's wait on it."

"Cool."

"In the meantime Miss Naiya, as awkward as this is...welcome to the family."

Her smile didn't reach her eyes but something oddly told me that she was happy to be anywhere except where she had been.

                                                       _________________________________