❀ 22- Sealed Future

I sat near the open window as I wrote down my letter.

Although it took me time to think of what I should say, I went ahead and put down whatever was on my mind.

As I wrote, I couldn't help but think to myself how he would react to it in the future.

I smiled in thought, and kept on writing, enjoying myself as I did.

When I was done, I folded the letter and placed it carefully into the envelope, and got up and walked out the bedroom.

As I closed the door behind me, Taehyung was just passing by, and that scared me.

"Omo" I say, and accidentally dropped my letter on the floor.

He picked it up for me, and handed it towards me with a smile.

"I see you're done writing?"

"Are you?" I asked him back.

He drew his hand from behind his back, and waved his own envelope in front of me.

"I guess we can bury it now."

"Let's go!" I say, and walked ahead of him first.

We made it back to the sea side cliff where the single barren tree was, and with mini shovels in our hands, we began to kneel down and dig beside the roots of the tree.

After a while of digging and cool sweat, we finally managed a big enough hole for the box to fit.

"Ready to put the envelopes in?" He says as he opened the box.

"Ready." I say and grabbed my envelope, and placed it in first.

He, on the other hand, was a bit hesitant.

I frowned at him.
"What's wrong?"

He gave me a tight smile.
"Nothing. But can you do me a favor?"

"And what do you want me to do?"

"Close your eyes."
He says, and I leaned away from him.

"Is there another surprise?" I asked him quizzing.

He leaned forward and placed his hands on both sides of my face. "Close your eyes."

"Fine." I say unrelentingly, and I closed my eyes.

Not long after, I felt his hands remove from my face, and he did whatever he wasn't letting me see, and so I waited.

"You can open your eyes now."

I began to open my eyes, and saw nothing changed, but when I looked down, I saw that he had already closed the box.

He reached into his pocket, and drew out two keys. He gave me one of the keys and explained.

"This is your key for the box, and this is mine. After 3 years into the future on this same day, we can go back to open this box. Just in case one of us looses the key, the other still might have it."

"And if we both lost it?"

He shrugged. "Then we're screwed. Unless we have to take a hammer and break it open."

I started to laugh, and he also laughed as well.

After we calmed down, we both looked down at the future box.

"I wonder where we'll be in 3 years," I say in wonder, and turned my head to looked at him.

I narrowed my eyes.