Defiant Death

Everyone in the lobby had their eyes on Nadia. She could just play off the 'asthma attacks' or she could leave with the emergency personal. Then again, some of them would probably recognize her from her time spent at the hospital, so playing it off it was.

Nobody in the room talked, aside from the receptionist, who was constantly asking if Nadia was alright.

"I'm-" cough "fine, this happens to me sometimes, allergies-" cough "and all," Nadia dismissed.

The receptionist looked at Nadia dubiously, not sure what to think.

A sharp clicking of heels dominated the room, and everyone looked to the source.

A woman dressed in a black business outfit with blonde hair that was shoulder length walked through the room without a care.

"I'm so sorry I'm late, Ms! I was just all caught up in the traffic," she said, addressing Nadia.

Nadia was confused and slightly frightened. Did the woman want to take her away, so as not to cause a scene?

The woman flashed a card to the receptionist who nodded, and helped Nadia get up. By now, everyone else in the room had returned back to their own business.

"I'm so, so sorry about that!" Nadia apologized, then looked to the other woman suspiciously.

"It's fine ma'am, I'll let you get on with your business."

Nadia nodded in thanks, then followed the strange woman to an empty hallway. Clearly this woman wasn't out to save her.

She shoved Nadia into the wall, who, to her credit, managed to not look fearful.

"Who the hell do you work for?" The woman spoke in English.

Nadia only caught the words who and you, as her English was very shaky. Now she was even more confused.

Her delayed response seemed to anger the woman in front of her, who gave her shoulders a shake.

"Answer me!"

"I don't know English!" Nadia yelled back.

"I asked, who do you work for?" She asked again in Nadia's language, only getting more aggravated.

The woman gave herself away - she was on a time limit - that was why she was so impatient. Nadia certainly didn't know how to fight, and she wasn't exceptionally brave, but she thought that standing up to this woman may help Pietro and Roman.

"I don't know what you're talking about!"

"Drop the act, I saw you enter the building with Maximoff and the other man. So let me put it this way: you tell me who you are, and what you're doing here, and maybe we can work together."

"I might ask you the same thing," Nadia said defiantly. Work together? Why would this woman think she would just betray her friends?

"You're not in a position to make those demands, so I suggest you answer me now," she said, increasingly impatient.

"Your not in a position to either, what are you in such a hurry about?"