Chapter Six

When I finally got home I saw Caleb and Nick's car parked in my driveway. Warily, I carried Drew and the bags up the porch steps and opened the door.

"You idiot! You know you may have just ruined your chance?" Nick yelled loudly.

"Stupid boy." I heard someone moan 'oww' seconds after Caleb spoke.

"You better apologize when she gets here." Nick tsked. I made my way to the kitchen, where I guess they were all yelling at someone.

"Would you quit hitting me!" I heard Isaac's voice whine, slamming his head on the table as I walked into the room clearly not being noticed.

"Oh hey Jules." Nick turned and beamed at me. Caleb quickly stepped closer and took Drew out of my arms in seconds, a big smile on both their faces.

"Hey guys. Do you guys want anything to eat?" I turned to the fridge and started pulling out a frozen pizzas.

"Actually I need to go pick up my little sister. Can I borrow your car?" Isaac stood up and rubbed his forehead and reached for Caleb's keys.

"Here, just be careful with Onyx." I tossed him my keys without looking in his direction and continued to take the plastic wrapping off one of the pizzas carefully, ignoring the shocked stares the guys were giving me, as if offering my car to Isaac was the most surprising thing ever.

"You named your car Onyx?" Nick seemed surprised at the fact that, yes I did name my car.

"Doesn't everyone do that?" I shot back with a winning grin to their frozen faces before Isaac cleared his throat and standing up.

"See y'all in a few." Isaac called before slamming the front door shut behind him. I could hear my car's engine roar to life before speeding down the street before it completely went dead silent once again.

"Can I go play with Drew?" Caleb asked excitedly, already heading for the living room.

"Sure, just take his jacket off." Nick sat on the isle quietly beside me as I presumed on making snacks while we waited for the pizzas to be ready.

"So how was your day?" Nick asked casually, trying to make light conversation.

"Dandy." I chopped up some lettuce for a salad and dumped it into a huge bowl with the other ingredients already in it. We stayed quiet for the rest of the time, just hearing Caleb's loud laughter and Drew's giggles once in a while, as I decided to make cheese burgers too.

"Listen, about Isaac, He didn't mean to-" Nick turned his body towards me when he started to speak but I held the spatula up to silence him, I don't want him to butt into Isaac and I's problem, I could handle that bad boy.

"I don't want to hear it." I cut him off while flipping a burger on the stove angrily. Whatever Isaac's issue was, its between him and I and I would give him a piece of my mind later.

"We're here! And the guys too." I heard Isaac call as the front door slammed opened and closed once again.I hear heavy set of foot steps walking around the house as a cute little girl came running in to the kitchen with a pink backpack and dropped it on the floor with a stunning smile on her gorgeous face.

"It smells yummy." She said in a soft angelic voice. Her shining blue eyes locking with mine.

"I'm making pizzas and hamburgers, want some?" I asked her, setting a piece of freshly cooked patty on a bun with cheese on top and the other half of bun on and hand it to her, which he happily grabbed and started munching on right away without a word.