Chapter 30: The Wolf Boy

Chapter 30:

The Wolf Boy

I just stared amazed and also a little embarrassed as there was a naked boy in our dorm. I didn’t know what to do. What to think. What to do if anything. I didn’t think the other two would do anything so I reckoned I had to do something.

   I ran forward through the faded smoke which slowly formed into mist. I grabbed the towel we rapped around the wolf and I quickly wrapped it around the boy’s hips as fast as possible. He stared at me in confusion.

   “There, a little more covered up.” I stuttered struggling to look at him with a straight non-flushed up face. I was so embarrassed; I didn’t expect this to happen on a normal school night. “So, what’s your name? Do you even have a name?” I asked scanning his un-ordinary appearance.

   He had silver, messy spiked up hair with black streaks running through it. His big, bright, yellow eyes remained even in his human form which looked absolutely stunning but in a terrifyingly mysterious way. His white skin matched the skin from the Vampires which was pale and had deep slashed wounds along the softness of it. I watched as some blood still poured out as if it was only recently slashed open a few moments ago. He looked around our age with a small nose and cute smile.

   “Uh—I’m…” He struggled to say as he began to sway from side to side. He was losing a bit of blood; he must have been feeling very light-headed. He was about to faint. “I’m… Bane.” He managed to say as he lifted his hands to his temples. He swayed faster and instantly once he lost his balance, I reacted and grabbed his arms.

   I pulled him gently and let his butt fall and lightly hit the floor. I gently pushed the top half of his body onto the floor as he drifted into temporary darkness.

   “Right!” I stood charge, “Asuna, you get bandages from the bathroom and if there isn’t any, go to the nurse’s office and pick some up. Yuuki, I want you to go and find Zero; take some tracksuit pants without him noticing and if that doesn’t work… well just try OK? I will lift him onto my bed and try to clean up his wounds as best as I possibly can! Now go!” I commanded and the two of them scurried in every direction.

   I turned around and looked at the practically naked boy who slept soundingly on my cold wooden floor. I bent down and touched his face lightly and tried to wake him. “Hey, Bane.” I whispered, “Please wake up.”

   I looked at the door which was slammed by Yuuki skipping outside and bolting down the hallway. I then suddenly felt a horrible painful slash of pain in my arm. I fell back and cried out.

   Glancing back at Bane, he had awoken, his eyes bright yellow and his pupils like a wild cats’. He looked possessed.

   I looked at my arm which was now torn open once again. “Oh for God’s sake!” I shouted and stood up. “Bad dog!”

   He stood up quickly too. I didn’t realize before but he was exceptionally tall, taller than Shiki. He was around Hanabusa’s height. He clouded over me, looking stronger and larger—much more intimidating. I grinned at his stupidity.

   Out of idea’s, I began to growl and I let out a loud girlie bark. “ARRFFFF!”

   Bane stood back and shook his head. His pupils were back to being lighter in colour and more circular. I sighed in relief but also embarrassment—I just barked.

   “Uh… sorry.” He pointed at my arm which was bleeding. It was stinging a bit but I could feel my powers beginning to work on it.

   “It’s OK, it’ll heal quickly.” I replied.