13.

It was the next morning, and Cade, Tessa, Shane and I found ourselves sitting outside a large truck stop called 'Hole N" The Rock'. Trust me, it didn't look really inviting.

"Is there actually any point in us being here?" 

I rolled my eyes from my position in the truck, sitting sideways in my seat as I leaned on the window. "We're testing something out Shane, now be quiet, Cade has to focus" I scolded, smiling to myself as the Irish boy began to pout. I watched Cade from where I was, my gaze occasionally flickering towards the monitor where we could see the Drone sway from side to side under Cade's control. Come to think of it, I don't remember Cade actually grabbing this Drone, but I chose to ignore it for the time being. "This is not easy..." Cade mumbled, focusing carefully on the monitor as the drone approached an ATM, "You know, you don't suck at everything dad" Tessa stated, causing a laugh to escape my lips. Cade skillfully manoeuvred the Drone to turn sideways in order to insert the card, easing the drone slowly and cautiously closer towards the machine. "Y/n..." Optimus called, to which I ducked back inside the cab in response "We need to move, we've stayed her for far too long-" "Alright, I'll tell them" I interrupted before ducking back out. "Guys, Optimus wants to move, he says we've been here too long" "Yeah okay, just give me a second..." Cade trailed off, as he placed the card in the machine only for it to be declined. 

"I knew it" he growled in defeat, huffing loudly as he shut down the monitor and brought back the Drone. The sound of sirens blaring in the distance caught my attention, and I turned my head towards the opposite end of the highway, where I could see at least 4 Police cars speeding towards the Truck stop. "Ah guys, we need to go" I announced, with Optimus revving his engine in agreement. Pretty soon Cade, Tessa and Shane had climbed into the Prime's alt-mode, and he began to drive away from the hectic scene behind us.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We had been driving for a couple of hours now, and it was pretty obvious that we were miles away from human civilisation. As per usual, I sat in the drivers seat with Cade sitting in the passenger seat, whilst Shane and Tessa sat in the back with not a lot of room to move. 

After miles and miles of complete silence, and staring at nothing but road, dirt and the odd number of bushes here and there the radio suddenly burst into life, repeating the same phrase twice every couple of minutes.

"Calling all Autobots! Calling all Autobots!".

Not far off, a large white Western Star Truck sped towards us on the other side of the road. I eyed the truck with interest, considering this was the only think representing civilisation that I had seen for miles and allowed my mouth to twitch up into a barely noticeable smile. As we passed the white truck, a blue laser shot out from Optimus's alt-mode, seemingly scanning the truck in a matter of seconds before disappearing. I paid no attention to what had happened, but shrieked suddenly as I was jerked backwards along with Cade, Tessa and Shane. Shaking my head to bring me back to my senses I looked around the cab of the truck in awe, and it was almost like I didn't recognise it. 

Instead of old, torn-up seats, they were replaced with black leather, and the cab was more spacious than before. I laughed loudly and fist-pumped the air, whilst Shane shouted excitedly "That was insane! It was awesome but insane right!?". Meanwhile, Cade and Tessa were too shocked to even respond, and I laughed even more at their bewildered expressions. "Oh, oh you think this is funny?" Cade snapped, looking over at me with an angry tone of voice. I was to busy trying to hold in my laughter, so I only nodded my head as I leaned back in my seat ignoring the death glare that my friend was giving me from across the cab. 

Optimus suddenly turned off of the main road, and began to drive along an old dirt road far out into the middle of nowhere. We passed incredibly large rock formations, and on one of them stood a rather large Autobot, who was coloured an army green. I couldn't really see much, but he appeared to carry a lot of ammunition, and many guns to go along with them. "Hell yeah! He's alive! Optimus is here!" the same Autobot shouted, shooting one of his guns into the air in celebration. I couldn't help but smile as I watched the army green robot fade away in the rear-view mirror, feeling a small sense of pride well up in my chest. 

Optimus eventually drove into a clearing behind a large rock face, where a bright green Autobot with coat tails began to jog alongside the Prime's alt-mode cheering happily before coming to a stop "Oh yeah! Mr Leader of the Free Galaxy is back, I knew you'd make it, I never doubted..." he stated proudly. Seemingly out of nowhere, a helicopter flew over the rock face and suddenly transformed into a light blue Autobot, which somewhat resembled a Samurai. He gently hit the green mech beside him before placing his servos together. "We got your warning, we've been waiting" he spoke calmly, bowing his head slightly in respect before the booming voice of the army green bot interrupted "Oh yeah, boom time. We got the gang back together."

Not too far away, I heard the rev of a familiar engine, and smirked as I spotted a familiar black and yellow alt-mode. Bumblebee. With a sigh of relief, I leaned back in my seat, somehow feeling more relaxed in an atmosphere such as this. Without warning, Cade suddenly opened the passenger side door and climbed out with Tessa and Shane not far behind. I began to reach for the driver side door, but was stopped when Optimus again began to transform around me. I remained still, as to not get crushed by the gears that were flying passed my head, and before I knew it I was situated on the Prime's shoulder plate, looking down at Shane, Tessa and Cade and was relatively eye-level with the other Autobots.

I was brought back to reality when Optimus's rumbling voice broke the silence from beside me, with chilling words I never expected a great leader such as him to say, "Humans have asked us to play by their rules. Well, the rules have just changed."