Chapter 33 : I'm Officially A What?!

Beep... Beep... Beep... Beep...

"Ne... Urusai..." Ara muttered, as her eyes fluttered open, meeting a blinding white walls and very bright lights. She once again groaned and covered her eyes with her arms.

She turned her head, and remove her arm. She was in a small hospital room. Across her bed, is another bed, with someone laying unconscious on it.

Kakashi.

Flashbacks starts running in her mind. The Jōnin Exam, her match against Kakashi, their fight, how they stabbed each other before they both forfeited and passed out.

She looked at Kakashi in concern. He got his limbs all wrapped in bandages, and his breathing was raspy.

And Kakashi eyes suddenly snapped open, meeting hers. They both stayed silent, locked on each other's gaze.

Then suddenly, they broke into a fit of laughter.

Ara herself doesn't understand what's so funny. Maybe because of the awkward silence, or how they both looked like mummies. Maybe because they have same reactions, or maybe they just laugh at each other's injuries.

No matter why, she enjoyed it. She felt so free, and it was relaxing. It has been a pretty long time since she got a good laugh.

The last several months are stressing. The pressure from all her training is bearable, but she of course doesn't enjoy it.

Yūsha wants her to master both her kekkei genkai and her metal bending. The hard part is controlling the metal without being in contact with it. It requires chakra and concentration. Kurama focused on her endurance. It was hard. The fox puppet doesn't need food or rest, so she hardly ever gets a break. At least he made her fox features disappeared as a reward.

Another thing is how to copy Konan's jutsu. Konan can turn herself into papers, while Ara can only use metals. Metal is hard and heavy. It requires more energy, and she must learn how to do it fast. Sasori taught her all the basics of puppetry. She has a pretty large chakra reserves, due to the Kyūbi, and it's not easy to turn the irregular flow of chakra into thin blue strings. Kisame has a kenjutsu battle with her every night. His large, muscular body, plus his experience and his strength, is far from easy to handle.

All in all, she is tired.

She keep laughing, tears leaked out of her eyes. It's funny how she was preparing herself to fight a powerful, merciless stranger, but turns out that she got a duel against her own brother.
And it's funny how she weren't shocked at that. It amuses her that none of them win, none of them lose, and both of them start and end the fight at the same time, same move.

She was stabbed with her katana and he was stabbed by his. Pretty ironic, and again, funny.

Kakashi had the same thought in his mind. It has been a really really long time since he laugh that loud, that long, that free.

Funny how can a simple action can lead into a great change.

The door slammed open. "Who drugged you-... Woah." The ANBU said, as she put the clipboard on the small table nearby, closing the door slowly behind her.

It was indeed a shocking sight. Hatakes were known for their calm demeanor. In the room, there's two injured Hatakes laughing at each other while clutching their stomachs. It's normal if someone thinks they were drugged.

"O-Okay, okay..." Ara breathed out, "I'm done." She muttered, calming herself down.

"Me too," Kakashi mumbled, "We should do that more often, Ara. I like it. But I think I reopened the wound on my stomach." He added with a chuckle.