Chapter Ten

Hours after I finally managed to fall unconscious the alarm clock blares, signally time to get ready for school.

"Turn it off." Isaac groans, rolling over and yanking the blanket off me, exposing me to the cool air.

"Isaac it's cold." I whine, trying to tug some back to keep the warmth from escaping me. The idiot has a nice grip on it, not letting me get any warmth.

"Isaac!" I hiss angrily. I let the blanket slip through my fingers and here a content sigh escape his lips, him cuddling under the warmth while I lay there in the freezing room. I slam the alarm off and look back at him, peacefully asleep while I'm now wide awake and cranky. With a huff of annoyance I climbed out of bed and got ready for the day. I slip on a blue tank top and a zip up sweater before shimmying into a pair of ripped jeans. After I run a comb through my wavy hair I quickly leave the room and decided on making breakfast for everyone.

I was placing the cooked scrambled eggs on plates when Isaac appeared on the threshold with a sleepy Drew and Violet in his arms.

"Hmm, smells good babe." Isaac yawns, placing the kids on their chairs before plopping down himself. I felt my face heat up when he called me babe. Now there's a hive of killer bees in the pit of my stomach. I try to act casual and place a plate full of eggs, bacon and fruit in front of him and Vi before sitting next to Drew and hand him a spoon so he could eat his yogurt. We eat in content silence for a while when I hear doors being slammed simultaneously and feet stomping against the concret leading to my house.

"The guys are here." I announce as the front door is opened and deep voices near us from the living room, not needing to announce them since nobody else-beside he shall not be named- would enter my house that way.

"Don't you guys have a life?" Isaac sighs in fake disapproval,finishing his last patch of eggs and taking the plate to the sink before rinsing it in hot water.

"Nah, thats why we come here." Jared chuckles, smacking the Isaac on the back before kissing the kids foreheads.

"Good morning." Nick chirps, kissing me on the cheek and trying to steal my piece of good looking bacon. Key word try.

"No." I smack his hand away. I hear the guys laughing as Nick slowly walks away with his hands in the air in surrender.

We quickly finished eating and getting the kids ready for school and before we know it we had already dropped them off at school and now are hanging around the cars waiting for the bell to ring.

"ISAAC!" Our heads snap and see none other than Chelsea King strutting towards us in the skimpiest jean skirt that merely reaches below her bum, a way too revealing crop top that covers nothing for guys to imagine of and her cake face piled with make up.

Isaac tightens his hold around my waist and pulls me in front of him, placing his chin on my shoulder with his face right next to mine. Good thing he's leaning against my car, because it would have killed his back.

"Did you guys plan to match?" Caleb asked, pointing at us, completely ignoring

I know he was just trying to ignore her but I looked at Isaacs hoodie covered arms and noticed its black just like my zip up sweater. We were also wearing ripped jeans(mine more than his) and blue converse.

"You guys make me sick." Luke playfully gagged. We all laughed until Chelsea came to a stop in front of Isaac and I , completely missing the message that we didn't want her presence near us.

"Hey Isaac." Chelsea purred, oblivious of me even though I was right in front of her, shielding her from him. I can smell her horrendous perfume rolling off her as she steps besides us, obviously trying to somehow get closer to him.

"What do you want Chelsea." Isaac sighed, already tired of this conversation. He lifts one of his hands to catch a start of my hair, playing with it casually.

"Julianna!" And once again everyone turned to the left and watch Derrick making his way over in plain blue jeans, a gray T-shirt and sneakers with that killer smile on his gorgeous face.

The tension that was already around us multiplied when he stopped a foot away from Isaac, Chelsea and me. You could feel the thick awkwardness surrounding us, practically suffocating me. No one seemed to be making an approach to ease the tension, so I took matters into my own hands.

"Hi Derrick." I break the ice. I can feel Isaac stiffen behind me, but doesn't utter a single word.

"Sorry I didn't come to school, there was family issues I had to deal with." He admits shyly, a tint of red overtaking his cheeks.

"Oh, you don't have to explain. Do you still need help around the school?'" He nods affirmatively and starts pulling out a sheet of paper from his pocket.

"We'd love to help you." Isaac butts in, not moving his arms around me one inch. I can feel his hard glare directed towards Derrick but he doesn't even flinch.

"Thank you." Derrick glanced around us and people seemed to notice scene unfolding in front of them.

"But babe, I thought we could spend some alone time before class." Chelsea pouted her red lipstick smeared lips and batted her fake eyelashes at Isaac, as if that was going to sway him to change his mind instantly.

"Sorry, but I prefer spending all my time on my girlfriend." Isaac kissed my cheek after that and I swear I could see steam coming out of her ears. Shouldn't we make that decision together? I thought but didn't utter a word, i felt my cheeks flush with color and a small smile form on my face.

"So, in other words, get lost." Jared faked a high pitch voice, making everyone howl in laughter, even Derrick. I tried holding back my laugh but cmon! Jared's girly voice was too much. Chelsea stormed away, a trail of cuss words fading behind her as she ran back to her fake friends waiting to consul and get the gossip out of her.Maybe this day won't be so bad after all.

But then again, I always tend to be wrong and always have a way of jinxing myself into denial.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~**~*~*~**~*~**~*~*~

Oh huh! Do you think that's going to lead Chelsea into doing something else?

And what's up with Derrick? Does anyone else get a bad feeling about him?

Well don't forget to drop comments and votes C:

~Selly