Chapter Twelve

Its been a quiet month since Tyler was found bloody and bruised on my kitchen floor. Since then he has moved back in, much to my disappointment, but thankfully he and the guys have gotten along- sort of. At least Isaac and him can stand seeing each other now! It took a bit awkward moments and weird conversations but the way the bonded was none other than football and high school. I didn't even have much to talk about with Tyler, mainly it was about Drew and him begging to help me with Drew now. So now, Tyler has a job, drops Drew off since he doesn't work till 8 and I pick him up after school.

"Juliana!" Isaac called from the door. I heard the door bang close and the baby started crying in the other room. Way to go, genius.

"What is it Isaac." I yelled back irritated, finishing the last step to the steak. I turned the oven off and went to go see what he wanted. Isaac stood in the middle of the living room with a beautiful bouquet of a dozen white and pink roses in his hands, with a plush brown teddy bear underneath the roses. He was sporting a black button down with a light blue skinny tie, black skinny jeans and black converse. A broad smile on his face, with a faint blush on his cheeks. Just the sight of him made my pulse go wild. It's so unfair that someone can be so perfect!

"What this?" I squeaked, my eyes widening and heat rising to my cheeks. I probably shouldn't be wearing one of his black sweatpants and a tank top. Nor have my hair in a bun that resembles a birds nest. Not attractive.

Isaac strolled towards me until we were inches apart, his gaze never leaving mine.

"THIS is for you." He said, handing me the teddy bear and flowers before placing a gentle kiss on my already red cheek. My heart rate increased at the feeling of his lips on my skin, an adorable form of affection. Is it possible for your heart to stop beating from so much excitement?

'Thank you." A small smile made its way to my lips, a warm, fuzzy feeling bubbling at the pit of my stomach. So this is why girls are always wanting presents from their boyfriends, it feels nice getting a surprise.

"And I also want to tell you; we are going out today. So go get ready." Isaac said while dragging me to our bedroom as he spoke with glee ringing in his voice.

"What about the kids?" I asked. There was no way I would leave them here with my brother. As much as I got use to him being around, I still don't trust him to be alone with them for more than 2 hours.

"The guys are going to take care of them. Today is just going to be about you and me, no parenting, no worrying and no children." He stated, his eyes shining with joy and excitement. Look at us finally having a date night!

"Alright. What should I wear?" I asked, walking to the closet before pulling it open and looking at the rack full of our clothes neatly hanging there.

"A dress." He said, standing behind me and pulling out a black lacy dress with three quarter sleeves, the top part looking skin tight but flaring out from the waist down with a light blue belt wrapped around the waist. I look at it dumbfounded, there is no way this has been in my closet!

"This isnt mine." I looked at him confused. I would have remembered buying a dress like this.

"Actually, it is. I bought it for you." A shy smile on his face as he placed it on my arms along with a bag containing black booties and a pair of hoop earrings. I gave him a quick kiss and said thank you before rushing to the bathroom to change. Thank heavens I had shaved my legs last night. After pulling the dress on I decided to curl my long hair and add a small amount of makeup, just to finish the look I placed a blue pin on the left side on my head, holding my hair back from my face.