Chapter#22

Moosa's POV:

I woke up earlier than usual, don't want to scare her first thing in the morning. Therefore, I thought it would be better to leave early. I was well aware of my situation, her anger for me, and her fear. Well, I didn't care whether she's scared of me or not but I don't want to be hated by her more than she already does.

After taking a long bath, I changed into something formal as I have a meeting to attend. It also gave Noor some alone time and besides, Kanwal will be here soon. Adjusting my tie, I walked over to the bed and lightly brushed my lips on her before leaving.

I took out my mobile and call my personal assistant Owais.

"Assalam o Allaikum Bhai."

"Wallaikum Assalam. Owais, I am planning to go to the capital city tomorrow morning with Mahnoor. It will be a long visit, do the necessary preparation. Yawar and Ahad will be leaving soon too and Sarmad is back from the field, assist him while we are out."

"Sure, anything else?"

"Yes, I want to see your face on my Walima dinner tonight." My business tone changed to friendly. I know it was hard for him to attend. He was a very shy person and didn't like to be in crowded places.

I made my way to the kitchen where a cook was preparing breakfast for Yawar.

"Assalam o Alaikum, Bhai. You're up early today."

"Yes, something came up." I said as he served me breakfast.

"Send a glass of fresh juice for Mahnoor and call me if she doesn't drink."

"Sure."

~*~

Mahnoor's POV:

My eyes slowly opened to an unfamiliar environment and narrowed for a second before, scanning the entire room, then the realization hit me. I quickly looked towards the other side of the bed and found it empty. I waited to hear something from the bathroom, wondering if he might be there but the room remains silent.

He is not here...

Relief washes over me on realization with a strange emotion at the same time... which I was unable to recognize and I wasn't expecting him to leave me alone.

I quickly brushed my teeth, took a bath, and changed into a simple grey and white dress with pink embroidery and dupatta. I pray my missed prayer and start waiting for Kanwal, she told me yesterday that she will come. I was alone the whole day yesterday. Sometimes Natasha came to me to ask if I wanted something or wants to talk, but she wasn't my friend and Kanwal was nowhere to be found. She showed up after Nikah and when I inquire where she was, she avoided answering.

I have seen Yawar yesterday, talking and laughing with others. Most guests from yesterday were men, and none of them was familiar to me. I had no one from my family at my so-called wedding. I leaned back on the couch and closed my eyes, taking a deep breath. The room was full of his sent, the Cologne he used, the body-wash, his shampoo. It was like his existence lingers here even after he'd left.

My stomach grumbled from hunger and I bit my inner lip. For some reason, I never found the courage to walk out of the room on my own. So I patiently sat in the room and prayed to Allah to send someone. Soon, my prayer got heard and I heard a knock on the door.

"Come in." I said loudly and a girl about my age came in holding a tray.

"Assalam o Alaikum, Bhabi. Where should I put this?" She stood in front of me, waiting to be told where to put the breakfast. I stood up and took the tray from her.