Him and Me- Five.

Lovely. This was just lovely.

Colby Mariano stood there, staring into my eyes, a smirk on his face. Cam was holding onto his leg, one arm wrapped around it while the other swinging around, completely oblivious to the increase of tension in the room. I felt my surprised face fade away, being replaced by a slight scowl. Susan seemed oblivious too, to her nephew’s and my expressions as she looked to Colby, to me, then back to him. Where Cam's obliviousness came from, now I know. Yes, I also know he's only four years old, but still.

"You two know each other?" She asked, gesturing to both of us with her hand.

"Yeah, we met at school," Colby replied. His voice was a deep and as sexy as ever. He finally tore his eyes from mine and looked down at Cam who was still sucked onto his leg like an octopus. He chuckled and said, "Hey little man, you’re cutting the circulation off my leg."

Cam looked up at him with scrunched eyebrows, clearly confused. "Huh?"

I watched as Colby chuckled again as he bent down and picked Cam up, setting Cam up on his shoulder. Cam laughed out loud, squealing with glee as Colby jogged to the den, his confusion forgotten. Colby’s steps were slow and oozing with confidence as made his way to the den and when he passed by me, he whispered, "Fancy meeting you here, Kayla Johnson."

With raised eyebrows, my body turned around and I stood there gaping at his back. How did he know my name? I must’ve stood there frozen for about, oh I don’t know, an eternity.

"Earth to Kayla," Susan said in an amused voice. I turned back to her, forcing a smile on my face. It probably looked like I was baring my teeth at her though. Her head was slightly tilted as she looked at me.

"I was just wondering how he knew my name," I explained. "We did meet at school but I didn’t exactly introduce myself." Yep, I never did say my name. And I introduced myself, alright, by giving Colby Mariano death glares and icy vocals.

"Oh, I told him about you," Susan said. "I forgot he will be going to your school." She grabbed her purse from the side table along the hallway and turned to me. "I’m going now if I don’t want to be late. Please look after Cam. I trust Colby, but I trust you more Kayla." Susan started to walk down the hall and before opening the door she turned again to me and called out playfully, "Try not to kill each other!"

The front door closed and I gritted my teeth. "Can’t promise you that," I muttered, tugging on my ponytail.

"Can’t promise who what?"

I jumped to the sound of Mr. Creep-o’s voice behind me. Seriously what was up with guys sneaking up on people like that? Were they some psycho ninja men that I don’t know about? I whirled around and of course, being the tall girl that I was, I had to crane my neck up to look at him. He stood there with his hands on his back pockets, his body tilted lazily to one side. My eyes were met by the amused glint in his own. Oh really, I didn’t know me standing could be so amusing to him.

"None of your business," I snapped, stalking past him to the den. Tugging on my ponytail once more, I found Cameron sitting on the couch, watching River Monsters again. I heard Colby’s footsteps follow me into the den, even now slow and steady, almost hypnotizing.

As I joined Cam on the couch, I tried not to feel too annoyed at the fact that I would be spending the night with Mr. Creep-o. I took a few deep breaths, but ended up breathing out a sigh of frustration. Who was I kidding? I was way beyond annoyed. Maybe I should just leave; Cameron seemed to like Colby anyway. But as I looked at Cameron, his green eyes focused on the TV screen as a humongous, hideous fish was being hauled over the boat, I decided I would stay. I could not let this sweet boy be influenced by creep-o’s creepiness.