Counter-Offer

**Unedited**

After a very long shower I had finally decided work out my plan-I might have been backed into a corner with this whole situation but I had no plans to just rollover without one final stand. I would make DiMaccio a deal that will guarantee my family's safety, Marc had thought simply marrying me would give him access to my family's wealth-he was dead wrong. At most he could have was a few shares and my inheritance but we had safeguards and my father was no fool he ensured that we had a good nest egg tucked away in case the worse would happen. While I don't know how this will play out I at least know that my family will be taken care of.

There was a knock on the door, I assumed it was Marc and he was the last person I wanted to see,

"I don't want to see or speak to anyone."

"Excuse me Ms Romanos, I have a package from Mr. DiMaccio." A part of me wanted to send whatever the package was back but now was not the time to rock the boat. I needed to play nice for now. I opened the door and allowed for the stewardess who brought me to the room earlier in. "Mr DiMaccio has asked me to assist you in anything you might need to prepare for this evening.

"Prepare? What is this-the prom?" I looked at the boxes she carried, one was a large box marked Valentino, which I was sure to contain one of their beautiful designs and a smaller one labelled Christian Louboutin.

"I can see to your hair and make-up." She placed a medium sized shoulder bag I hadn't notice her carrying-zipping it open she took out a few MAC cosmetic cases and a few hair products.

"You know..." I paused not knowing her name

"My name is Kelly, apologies for not introducing myself sooner."

"Kelly. Thank you for the offer but I really don't need all this I have the clothes I came in. What you could perhaps do for me is dry them?" I went to the bathroom to collect the wet clothes, "I made need another pair of shoes though..." I came back into the room to see her standing there awkwardly. "What's the matter?"

"To be honest Miss, Mr DiMaccio will not appreciate that you rejected his gifts. He expects you there at dinner looking your best and can he can be quite difficult to deal with if he does not get his way."

"Why does that not surprise me. Very well let's just get this over with." I sat and allowed Kelly to doll me up in DiMaccio image. The dress was of course a stunning piece and the shoes were of the same calibre; a red floor-length, one-shoulder evening gown-the heels were a simple sling-back design and also red.

"They fit perfectly." Kelly commented.

"Yes, it would appear so." Kelly was too busy gushing over the ensemble to notice my disapproving look as to how Salvatore would know my size as I know for a fact Marc himself does not know. "Thank you for your help Kelly-I will be sure to let Mr DiMaccio know so that he may tip you accordingly."

"That really isn't necessary, Miss."

"You deserve it-your work is some of the best I've seen, if you were already in his employ I would steal you." I cut her off.

"Thank you. I trained to be a hair and make-up stylist, I am still working on building that career." I nodded in understanding, "Oh wait, almost forgot." she placed few items in a clutch, "Just in case you need a touch-up." She smiled warmly before she began to clean-up her work-space.

Another knock at door, "Claire it's me-are you done?"

"I guess that's me. I will see you around."

"Have fun." Kelly's enthusiastic reply made me wonder, she obviously knows the kind of man her employer is and she is at lease slightly aware of my situation here on this yacht, yet she seems genuine in her wishes for an enjoyable evening. The same guard was standing there when I opened the door.