Chapter 16- The Rest of the Year

The rest of the week was definitely hell for Harry. The Gryffindors werent quite helping either. His friends surrounded him with questions about what happened during the tournament, none of which he wanted to answer, nor listen to. 

Telling Draco was the easiest, much easier than Ron and Hermione, finding that he listened rather than pressed. He cared. He gave Harry his chance to speak, then let the cycle work it's way through whilst his friends pressed and pushed and just told him it would all be okay. 

Harry hated that. 'You'll be okay.' Nothing would be okay. It wasn't okay. It was pain. It was death. Pain and death aren't okay. 

However, lets just say Draco is the exact opposite of Malfoy. Malfoy promised to make Harry's life a living hell for the next few days, and he kept his promise. Bites and snaps in the hallway of the meanest things he could think of, that, of course, wouldn't take it too far.

But Harry understood how much Draco cared about him though. He realized he was stupid for ending it at the time he did. 

And Harry told himself that if Draco were to ever insult him, it wouldn't affect the relationship they had. Now if only Draco knew that. 

Malfoy would do whatever he could to make Harry look like a fool.Harry would always respond the same way: a dirty look, walk away, turn and smile back at his boyfriend, then another dark glare, only to continue the way they were going. 

Draco hated the insults and the torture. It drove him mad at some points. All he wanted to do was take Harry to their secret hideout and just talk with him, kiss him, or even look at him without his lips crooked to once side and eyes squinted.

Pansy and Blaise were a big help though, especially when Draco chickened out on certain insults. Pansy took almost two hours explains to her Slytherin friend how Draco's love life worked."It's complicated" was all they could come down to.

Crabbe and Goyle however, hadn't a clue what was going on, or at least that's what everybody thought.

The two evil, conniving brats helped Draco in these attacks they were performing towards the Golden Boy. They would add the final touches to making their plan perfect.

Draco still was scared to insult Harry to a point. The breakup with Harry made everything so cautious now. All week they were just small insults, harmless as a baby to a lolly pop.

---------------

The train chugged along the rusty tracks back to Kings Cross. The ride felt as though hours on end refused to pass.

Harry and his friends walked down one of the many trolleys carrying the students back for the summer. Greeting as many people as he could with a fake smile on his face, he searched for a open compartment.

Strolling along the many doors, one opened only to reveal a figure who got uncomfortably close to Harry.

"Mind where you're lolly gagging, will you Scarbrain? I don't want to see your stupid face while I'm on my way."

"Really? Stupid face? That's all you can do?" The unimpressed Harry smirked. Draco tried not to panic and hid his .5 second long vulnerable face with a cool mask as he conjured up a comeback.

"I'm sorry, I just thought it would match your incoherent, stupid brain."

Harry remained relaxed as Ron and Hermione behind him grew angry, yet confused. Normally his comebacks were much nastier then what they have Been this past week, right? It didn't matter anyway. They both knew the pain Harry was suffering.

"Wow, bit peachy on the replies there. Maybe It just another thing that your thick skull can't do."

Draco grew silent, unable to think of something, anything to get him out of this. He didn't want to fight Harry, not this way, not after all the events that happened recently. Cedric's funeral was just another thing that kept grinding at Harry that everything was true, and Draco didn't want to ouch things.

"Shut up, Potty head." Draco bit with fierce fangs, mercury eyes glowing with regret, only staring at Harry's perfect emerald ones.

"Wow ferret, I'm pretty sure that Moaning Myrtle could do better than that!" Ron butt in giving Harry a second to mouth to Draco come on, stop being afraid. Draco just stood there like a deer in headlights, when Harry finally pushed him.

"Move out of the way ferret." Harry cued Draco, making him understand. The blonde acted fast, pushing the raven haired boy against the wall of the tram.

"Aww poor Potty Potter trapped by little ol' me. No wonder you came back crying like a baby. I'm really surprised you just got away from You Know Who with nothing but a cut on your forearm." It was the first time mentioning the attack and Draco was nervous to see hurt on his boyfriends face, butHarry smirked, hiding his smile as he kneed Draco in the stomach. Draco backed away in pain, clutching his stomach, not expecting the fight to get physical. 

"Told you I could handle it. Good day, Malfoy," Harry said sarcastically. The three walked away leaving Draco smiling at his boyfriend, and turning to his carriage to go home once more.