II.

After last night's exchange, Jonathan hadn't planned on seeing Natalie any time soon. Usually, he only saw his customers if they wanted another batch.

"Thank you." He told a new worker who handed him a manila folder with papers spilling out of it. A groan escaped his lips when he saw the papers on the floor.

"Need help?" His eyes widened at the familiar voice, knowing the dangers of someone from his side work being at his job. Nonetheless, he accepted the help but quickly pulled her into his office once they were done.

She was dressed in a black long sleeved shirt and light jeans, far from professional; so he had no idea how she had even been let in. "What are you doing here?" He demanded, locking the door just in case. "And how did you even know where I work?"

Natalie took a seat in his chair, making his anger grow even more. "It's not that hard to search someone up when you need answers." The red bun in her hair moved around as she spun in his chair for a few seconds. Once again making him question how she led one of the biggest gangs.

"Answers?" He questioned, truthfully a bit curious as to what she had even used his batch for. Taking a seat on the opposite side of her, he placed the manila folder on his desk and waited for her response.

Finally, her spinning came to a halt and her gaze rested upon Jonathan.

"Those weren't normal drugs that you sold me." He waited for the usual complaint and 'I want my money back' statement that usually followed. "They were," she pondered on the perfect word to describe the hallucinogenic drug, "different?"

"Is that what you wanted to tell me?" He stood up from his seat and looked down at her. Whilst standing, there was an extreme height difference between them and her sitting just accentuated it. "I am extremely busy at work and that was something you could've saved for another time."

"Wait," She mimicked his action and stood in front of him, placing a hand on his wrist to stop him from walking away. "I used some of it." That simple sentence was enough to stop him and make him stop in his place.

When she was only met with silence, she awkwardly removed her hand. "I want to understand what happened when I took those drugs, Dr.Crane."
Natalie added, wanting to get a response from him.

The new name confused him a bit until he realized that she knew his profession now. "You don't, Natalie." He was tempted to dose her in his gas and use her as a test subject, but there was a bit of guilt that stopped him.

The fact that she was interested in his study also stopped him. Most people were disgusted and afraid of his study, but she was genuinely curious.

His mind wandered off to all the possibilities of showing her his study. He could even find new buyers and test subjects with her position in Gotham.

'What do you think?' He asked Scarecrow, not having an answer himself. A second opinion would be much better anyways.

"She could be your first friend in Gotham." The voice laughed, causing Jonathan to let out a groan. Natalie shot him a questioning look before asking if he was okay. "It sounds like a good idea to me."

"If this is a bad time, we could meet some other time and I'll let you sleep on it." Jonathan nodded at her words, needing some time to plan out his ideas first.

She headed towards the door but stopped when she reached Jonathan. Her hands reached for a pen and she wrote down a series of numbers on the back of his hand. "Tomorrow night?" Jonathan asked, not sure what exactly he was agreeing to.

"Mhm." She nodded and started leaving his office. "Call me with the details." Her last words left him a bit confused, he didn't know that she'd leave the planning up to him.

All he did was mumble a simple, "Okay." before she shut the door and left the building.

"I think someone might have a crush on you." He shook his head at the though, not familiar with this type of situation especially not with someone in her position.