Chapter 31: Witnessing Hell [Sedrick]

"NO!!" I shouted and reached for the knife but I was too late, Candice stabbed it into her stomach.

The blood gushed out of her stomach and I feared for Candice's life, she was loosing far too much blood and there was no way that we could give her any vampire blood until after the Elizabeth was born otherwise it would trap and kill her.

But by then it might be too far gone, no amount of vampire blood can save a dead person and bring them back to life.

How the hell did it get so messed up? How did I let it get this far? And how the hell could I be so clumsy as to leave a knife right on the table for her to just kill herself?

Because normal people don't stab themselves, normal people that aren't torn apart and left with no trust or hope in their lives won't stab themselves!

Malik was the first one to act after Candice stabbed herself, he grabbed the kitchen towel and pressed it against the wound trying to stop the blood flow.

"What are you doing? Candice isn't going to make it through this and neither will Elizabeth if you just try to stop the blood flow, Elizabeth is being born, you've got to cut her out otherwise she'll eat Candice inside out!" I yelled and picked up the knife that Candice had stabbed herself with.

"No, she isn't ready yet." he said and remainded with the towel over Candices stomach.

How the hell could he be so selfish? So inconsiderate for Candice's life? Wasn't he supposed to love her? Supposed to be her soulmate? Didn't that mean he'd want to save her more than anything in the world?

I gripped hold of Candice's hand and begged for her to stay awake, she was closing her eyes and she looked in extreme pain. If she closed her eyes then she might never open them again.

That thought scared me more than anything I had ever felt.

"If you hold on much longer then both Candice and Elizabeth will die!" I said, trying to convince him to just take her out of Candice. I could always fight Malik off and win but then it would be wasting prescious time that could be spent on saving Candices life.

Malik looked froze, I could have hit him so much for the time he was wasting.

"Hurry!" I shouted and got into a half attack, half protect mode. If he didn't make a decision within the next ten seconds then I was going to stake him to the ground.

Candices let out a cry that made my heart melt, she was covered in sweat, blood and her own tears. Blood was smudged around her mouth from where she'd been coughing it up and the blood coming from her stomach seemed to coming out even quicker since Malik had been trying to apply pressure.

"Take her out." Malik said with  sigh and I breathed a sigh of relief.

Neither me nor Malik were a qualifed doctor but I had learnt how to deliver babies both naturally and through c-section when I lived with the wolves, wolves bred, well like wolves and so I'd gotten quite used to delivering a child.

But doing it on a person that stabbed themselves before was different, wasn't it? Or was it just because I didn't want Candice to die as a result of me not taking the right steps?

She was one of the people who's blood that I certarinly did not want on my hands, nor did I want it on anybody elses.

Malik moved so that he was stood infront of Candices feet but managed to lean over and hold the towel. I moved so that I was stood infront of her stomach, knife in hand.

I looked down at her stomach as Malik moved the towel away, examining the wound before I made another incision.

My hand shook with fear, not fear of the unknown because I knew both the male and female anatomy more than any qualified surgeon but fear of starting this and then freezing. Malik wasn't going to take the precautions to save Candice's life now, that was clear. Who would save her if I couldn't?