Chapter 20

*David Pov*

I walked inside the house holding the parcel and saw that the lights are already switched off. I sat on the table and started having the food which I bought from outside.

When I finished it, I walked in the kitchen to see her empty parcel near the basin. I am so used to love the outside food, but now I wish I can have some homemade food at least a little.

I sighed and walked inside our room to see her already sleeping. I changed into evening clothes and lay on the bed thinking how my life just changed to my wish, but I am not happy.

"Why are you so late?" Parul asked, turning towards me.

"You are not my wife." I replied, closing my eyes.

"And you are not my husband, but tell me why." She repeated.

"The work is tiring and it took more time today. And it's not like you care at what time I arrive and all." I said shaking my head.

After that divorce, our parents asked us to move out, but didn't cut us off from the business or money. I am still working at my company, and she is still doing modeling, but they don't talk to us, and that's it.

When we want anything, they give us and just try to stay away from us. They do not even blame us for anything. They think they are the people who made the mistakes.

*Parul Pov*

I miss Dad and Mom. I want them to be here and say what I am doing is right or wrong. Even though now I am doing everything that I wish without anyone's objection I am not feeling very well.

My Dad just says what a grave mistake, he did blackmail me. He is not even scolding me anymore, no matter what I am doing.

I sighed and glanced at David to see him looking at the ceiling. He too misses his parents I guess.

And our suffering is also correct because we indeed did a mistake. I wish I didn't do it and have some shame.

"Do you know Janice got married two months back?" he asked looking at me.

"Really? I heard Adithya got married too." I replied.

"They actually got married to each other." He said, and I looked at him shocked.

"What? How are they even good pair? They are so alike as far as I know." I said frowning.

"Yeah! But they got married and that too without parent's consent." He said, and this is the second shock.

"I never expected it." I said, shaking my head.

For some time, we both stayed in silence, and I slowly mumbled "I hate this house."

"Look, even though we both have money we don't have it in liquid so for now I got only this flat and that too for an unmarried couple. So don't start talking about it because I too don't like it." He said shaking his head.

"I know! I have early-morning shooting. I will just go to sleep." I said, turning around and drifted off into sleep.

*Adithya Pov*

I frowned when I heard the everyday alarm, but today I felt so irritated and tried to close my ears.

Nonetheless, then felt someone's weight on me, so I opened my eyes a little to see Janice sleeping, and we are still holding each other.

I smiled, but frowned seeing the frown on her face hearing that alarm, and I immediately groaned hearing that stupid alarm again. I patted my hand on the table and got a hold of it.