[14] Him

I watch a crowd of people walk pass me, my eyes taking in everything all at once. Sarah sits to the left of me, sipping on a hot cup of coffee from across the street from a small cafe we just got done eating at. It's a very early morning for her, but not for me. This is a very late day for me, it is only six in the morning. The sky is a dark grey overcast, I stare at the sky, it looks like it's going to rain any minute. I can feel Sarah's eyes staring at me.

"What?" I ask, peeling my eyes away from the mean sky.

"Why did we get up so early? I mean it's 8:30 A.M." Sarah whines, taking a long sip of her coffee.

"You didn't have to come." I state glancing over at her, "and besides they should be here any minute."

"You been coming here every single day for two straight weeks, I have been with you every single time." Sarah whispers, "you've seen her a million times, you seen him. Why haven't you talked to her yet?"

I let out a loud sigh before setting my cup of hot chocolate on to the ground. She's completely right. I have seen her... him every single day for two weeks straight and haven't even gone up to talk to her. It's weird, to know that a couple of feet away is my son, their son. He's technically not mine anymore, Natasha signed the papers and that was that.

"I don't know what to say to her." I whisper, "Hi, my names Hyde and I'm the father of Luke?"

"Hyde, really?" Sarah ask, "just bump into her. Make it an accident. That way it all works out."

I smile at her idea that is a very good idea. It's just, I don't know what I would do if I saw him up close. Cry maybe? Sarah nudges me in the ribs with her elbow, I narrow my eyes at her. She points across the street to a short brunette women pushing a stroller.

She's talking on her cell phone as she continues to stroll towards her destination with him. I hand Sarah the car keys before rushing across the street, I look over my shoulder at Sarah who's giving me a thumbs up. I shake my head, before acting quickly I shove my now freezing numb hands into my leather jacket trying to bring some life back to them. The wind howls against my ears as I walk straight, looking up every couple of seconds to see where their at. She stops at the cafe that Sarah and I ate breakfast this morning and every other morning we were waiting for them.

From the expression on her face she looks completely stressed out. I wish there was some way I could help her out. Take all the stress away so she could put more focus on herself, on him. After I watch her get into line I open the door and rush behind her making sure I can see him very clear. I fix the New York Yankee cap on my head before my eyes find his.

His bright blue eyes meet mine and for a moment I seem to lose every sense that I have. My heart thumps loudly in my chest as we continue to stare at each other. He's beautiful, he has dark brown hair and my face structure. Natasha was right he looks exactly like me. Besides for the lips, those are definitely her lips and then his eyebrows he got those from her as well. Not to toot my own horn but we made a really beautiful baby.

The line moves and after a couple of minutes she goes to sit down at a table in the back. I grab my cup of hot chocolate giving the cashier a smile. I sit a table away from her not wanting it to look obvious, or give her the idea that I'm stalking her. I sit at the table, studying the outside world surrounding me.

As I watch everybody around me, I wonder to myself what are some of these peoples life like? Some are probably good while some are probably bad and then I look at her. She's completely and utterly gorgeous, there's no denying that. She's had these really intense dark green eyes and then that smile. She has a warm smile that's can melt anybody's heart. As I stare at her, I can feel her gaze move over onto me.

Well, this is awkward. I quickly look away before staring out the window. Why the hell did I stare at her? I told myself not to do it, yet I do it anyway. This is a nightmare, she probably thinks I'm a freak or that I like her. Which like I said she's very beautiful, but she's not Natasha. Nobody could ever replace Nat, at least not any time in the future.

The door to the cafe opens and I see Sarah walking my way. Carol gets up from her seat and I have a feeling she's coming over to ask me why I was staring at her. But before she can Sarah sits down next to me a grin plastered to her pink lips.

"You really suck at talking to people." She whispers grabbing my hot chocolate and taking it for herself.

I lean into the table, glaring at her. "It's not as easy as it looks."

Sarah tilts her head at me, " I know, I've been watching you for ten minutes."

I sit back against my chair before getting up from my seat. I thought this would be easy, but I was completely wrong. He's not mine, not anymore. He could have been if I didn't screw everything up and gone on that damn mission everything would be fine. Or at least I thing everything would have been fine.

I take one last look at Luke before walking towards the door. Before I decide to open up the door I turn to look over my shoulder to see them together. She's getting ready to leave, I let out a silent sigh before walking back over to her. As I do she drops everything in her hands into the floor. I rush over to her, helping her pick up everything. As I hold the papers in my hand I can feel her eyes on me.

I read the paper that I'm holding in my hands on accident. Divorce papers. I hand over the papers before looking up at Luke. He's sleeping in his stroller, bundled up in a couple of blue and grey baby blankets.

"Thank you!" Carol says grabbing my attention.

"No problem." I whisper standing back up on my feet. "You have a really cute kid. What's his name?"

"Thank you. His names Luke." I smile as she whispers his name.

"Nice meeting you." I say getting ready to leave.

"Hey what's your name?" She calls out.

I turn back to look at her, "Eden. What's yours?"

"That's unique. I'm Carol."

"Nice to meet you Carol. I'll see you around." I give her a warm smile before heading towards Sarah who's holding the door.

"Wow Hyde you can make any girl flirt with you." Sarah claims as we walk towards my car.

"It wasn't flirting. She's married or is for at least now." I add opening the car door for Sarah.

"What do you mean?"

I slide into the driver seat. "I saw divorce papers."

"That could mean anything. It could be for someone else." Sarah assures me.

"It's not my business. He's my business. I just want him safe." I murmur driving off and back towards S.H.E.I.L.D.

Vote-Comment-Etc

A/N- So sorry it's taking me so long to update. I've been so busy with Physical Therapy and trying to fix my knee. But I hope you guys are having a wonderful time and enjoyed the chapter. Love you guys! Thank you all so much for the support! Dedicated to all of you!