14.

"Human beings, bunch of back stabbin' weasels...".

"Hound, find your inner compass. Loyalty is but a flower in the winds of fear and temptation".

"What the hell are you saying?".

"It's a Haiku".

"Cut the crap before I put a grenade down your throat".

Optimus and I exchanged glances, to which his response was a shake of his head and mine was a shrug of my shoulders. We were both obviously thinking the exact same thing, this was not what we expected. "You know what~save us so much time" Bumblebee complained, switching between radio stations like he always does. I'll be honest with myself, after everything that's happened over the last couple of days, I've missed the sound of the the radio switching stations in order for Bee to speak. It made me feel like I was at home again, and it filled me with a massive feeling of unknown guilt.

"Well raise your hand if you're thoroughly disenchanted with our little pleasant Earth vacation..." the bright green Autobot asked sarcastically, before suddenly grabbing a gun from within his coat tails and aiming the large weapon towards Cade, Tessa and Shane. "So who's the stowaways?" he asked, which caused Cade to throw up his hands in surrender "Whoa whoa hey, what's with the guns?" he snapped, looking around at all of the transformers nervously. The army green mech suddenly rolled in from the side, aiming a large gatling gun towards my three friends below. "Stop Hound, both of you..." Optimus reprimanded the two bots, "They've risked their lives for mine, we owe them". Both transformers lowered their weapons and shrugged their shoulders, before the bright green bot suddenly turned his optics to me. "And what about her? Who's she?" he snapped, pointing to my form resting on Optimus's shoulder. 

Suddenly being placed on the spot, I shrunk deeper into Optimus's shoulder-plate, feeling slightly awkward under his gaze. "She's the~Starfleet Captain" Bumblebee spoke up, giving me a small wink which always meant 'I've got you're back, don't worry'. I smiled gratefully at him over my shoulder, before turning back to face the other transformers who had gathered around both me and Prime. I watched as the realisation began to form on their faceplates, and smiled a small shy smile "Bumblebee's told us a lot about you..." the Autobot known as Hound mumbled, giving me a nod of acknowledgement. I nodded back, and then turned towards the bright blue, and bright green bots. "We owe you our thanks...I am Drift" the blue bot spoke calmly, whilst the green bot shrugged his shoulders "Thanks for saving the bossbot, I'm Crosshairs..." he mumbled quietly. 

I lifted my hand and waved shyly "I-It's nice to meet you" I stuttered, slightly feeling a little intimidated by their presence all of a sudden. Hound chuckled at my behaviour "No need to be scared darling, welcome to the crew" he announced, gesturing his servo out towards the other mechs and Optimus himself. For the first time in a while, a bright smile formed on my face as I nodded my head happily. Never had I felt so happy and relaxed in all my life. 

--------------------------------------------------------

It was now dark, and it was definitely colder than the night before. Shane, Tessa and Cade were sitting down around a large fire, whispering and occasionally fighting whilst I was still seated comfortably on Optimus's shoulder-plate. "So, there's been no sign of any others?" Prime asked, walking over to the other Autobots calmly "Nada..." Hound mumbled sadly, "We're all that's left" Drift explained in a low tone. "They're picking us off one by one..." Crosshairs stated bitterly, quickly casting his gaze over to me before returning to the conversation, "We're the pathetic dirty foursome, and you make five" Hound gestured to Optimus, which caused me to chuckle silently. 

"So that's our best case scenario? Autobot Witness Protection?".

"Hey Speedracer, you're welcome to leave any time".

"Well...for the record, Superdad, I'm not hiding with you. I'm hiding out with that big guy".

I rolled my eyes and buried my face in my hands, trying to block out the argument between Shane and Cade below. Honestly, they act like children when they choose to and it annoys me to no end. If I wanted to look after children, I would have brought actual children, and having two grown men go at it like 5 year olds pissed me off even more. Noticing my sudden change in mood, Optimus turned his helm to the side and gave me a worried glance, to which I shrugged off. "I'm fine, don't worry" I mumbled, giving the Autobot Leader my best fake smile. He raised an eyebrow, not exactly believing my words, but chose to shrug it off as Drift called to him from his position sitting down on a rock. "Sensei, with your fate unknown, Bumblebee has held command despite his complete and total lack of anything resembling warrior discipline...he's like a child" the Samurai taunted, gesturing one of his swords over towards the black and yellow mech.

An angry whirr came from Bumblebee, as he spun on his heel and stomped over to the blue bot. "This child is about to~kick your ass" he snapped, clenching his servos in anger. "He brings shame..." Drift taunted once more, before Bumblebee swung his arm which collided with Drift, sending sparks flying into the air. "Cage fight" Hound spoke quickly, rolling his eyes in the process as the two bots began to fight. "A man alone could see through these puppy dog eyes act, it's beneath you" Drift spat bitterly, slowly dragging his sword across Bee's chin. "Yes, I've been waiting for them all to dispatch each other so I could take charge with no trouble at all..." Crosshairs mumbled in a fake sinister tone, rubbing his servos together before un-holstering his gun and spinning it around "...Just me reporting to me" he finished proudly. 

"Sure looks like you've been missed" Cade called up to Optimus, as he now stood between Crosshairs and Hound. "Autobots, Lockdown is hunting us and humans are helping. We need to know why..." He spoke authoritatively, looking around the circle of humans and transformers alike. My eyes widened as a sudden idea flew into my head "Optimus, can you put me down for a sec?" I asked him kindly, quickly turning my head to face him. His optics met mine for a few seconds, before he nodded and held out his servo. I carefully climbed on and he lowered me to the ground, which I was kind of thankful for considering I needed to stretch my legs. "Hey Cade, you still have that Drone right?" I asked him, walking up and standing in front of him. Cade nodded his head "Uh yeah, why?" he asked, tilting his head sideways in confusion. I smiled "Because I think I have an idea about who is helping Lockdown hunt us down".