Chapter 2: Helping the Ally Village

Hajime's p.o.v

Today school was cancelled. Apparently it was an emergency meeting made by the Hokage, so every shinobi had to attend. Well, the adults that is. I didn't really care about it, as long as it didn't affect me.

Since I have a day to be free, I decided to look around the village a bit more since I didn't get to technically go sight seeing yet. I was already walking towards the street where many shops were. I wanted to see if their shops differ from ours. I shoved my hands in my pockets and stayed silent.

"Hajime-kun!"

I stopped in my tracks and turned around. It was that pink haired girl in my class. What was her name again? Bakura? Kakura? I don't even know..

"Oi, bubble gum." I called out. "What is your name..."

"Bubblegum..?" she mumbled. "U-Uh, my name is Sakura Haruno!"

"Oh, well, what do you want.."

"I wanted to know if you'd like to go on... a date.. with me." she squeaked.

"No." I said rather harshly. "I only like girls who rather spend their time training instead of goggling over boys."

"I can train harder if you want me to!" she said immediately.

"Why do you do that..." I said. "We clearly have nothing in common, why change yourself for someone who has no interest in you?"

"Well-..."

"Exactly, now if you will excuse me,I'd like to continue to go and view this village." I said.

I took two steps away from Sakura and it was enough to make her grab hold onto my arm.

"Wait! I can show you around the village, if you'd like.." she said blushing.

"Fine, but don't do anything weird.." I said.

"Let's go!"

She dragged me towards the shops as I looked at them in amazement. They sure use a lot of flashy signs to get people's attention... back home, they just write a plain sign because well.. we don't really care. If we need the item and the store has it, we'll just walk in, no flashy lights or signs needed. 

I was so stuck on the buildings that I forgot that Sakura still had her arms looped around my right arm. I scowled at the sight of it, but decided to leave it be. I mean, I am pretty harsh to these girls... I'll just let her have her moment. 

"Aw, young love."

"So cute!"

"They look great together!"

My eye began to twitch as I heard the villagers gave out their opinions. I was becoming highly irritated and was about to remove her from my arm until a familiar blonde came running by.

"Sakura-cha- huh? Hajime?" Naruto said

He looked at the both of us looking confused until he accusingly pointed a finger at me.

"You're not dating Sakura-chan, are you?!" he shouted.

I sighed. "No Naruto... she's showing me around the village."

"Mm... alright." he said, squinting at me. "But I'm going with you guys!"

"Naruto!" Sakura growled. "Don't ruin this for me, you idiot!"

"Uh..." I said, getting a bit uncomfortable. "I'm just.. going to leave, so.. bye."

I poofed out of the situation and tried my best to make myself appear to where I had last seen the training grounds. Luckily I did appear there and leaned onto a nearby tree and sighed heavily.