Chapter 23

A.N. The outfit above is what Nova wears in the beginning

N O V A

The week went by pretty quick. Neitza and Eve helped me move on from the guy I liked for once. Eve was a pretty comforting friend to have around. Sam was around the house a lot as well. My mom didn't mind it because she basically knew what I was going through and wanted me to get better with close friends around.

After school I actually had plans with Sammy. Ever since of my break down in the storage room it felt like a good cry like something I'd been having stuck inside me for a while and letting it all out was a huge weight off my shoulders.

Today was actually a good day. It's been hard to face everyone this week but today, I don't know but it felt amazing and free.

My mom is back working apparently during the interviews she got too well they called her back and well now everything is back to normal.

"We'll get started on the project after school on Monday" I state as Eve and I walked out of the school building.

"Nova" she called out behind me.

"Yea?" I say beginning to search my phone in my bag.

"Thank you for not lying at me on the bridge about hanging out with me at school" she says.

I looked up at her and saw a small smile across her lips. I walked towards her and hugged her.

"Thank you for finding me on the bridge" I chuckled through her hair. She chuckles lightly as well hugging me back.

"No Problem" she says and we both say our goodbyes and walked in the opposite way.

"Aye Yo Brooks!" Someone yells behind me.

"You know I have first name for a reason right?" I say with a bit of a tone.

He chuckles showing his adorable dimples on his cheeks walking towards me slowly.

"How would you like it if I say 'Hey Wilkinson what's up?'" I mocked him as he came closer to me and stopped.

"Oh shut up, it's Friday and I want to enjoy the whole day with you" he wrapped his arm around me bringing me towards his chest. I backed away smiling and saw girls behind him giving death glares at me.

"Let's go" he began to walk to his car as I followed along with him.

+++

We walked around the stores because we were a bit early to the movies. Stopped at an ice cream shop and bought some along our small adventure exploring stores.

"Let me try some" he asks.

"Only if I try yours making it fair" I smiled and we both rise up our spoons and fed each other.

"Mmh Chocolate Vanilla Swirl" I said making us both laugh.

"Ready for our movie" he smiles and so did I.

"What are we waiting for" I sang a bit. He grabbed my hand and smiled making me blush a bit.

S H A W N

I waited patiently at Tim's sitting as my hands held my hot chocolate being distracted by it. Suddenly the door opened but it was a group of kids my age walked in joking around but then a familiar face came in behind them.

Victoria.

My heart started beating fast, I took deep breath and stood up as she made her way towards me. She smiled beautifully, the one I used loved.

"Hey" she sighed.

"Hey" I said and we stood there awkwardly.

"Do you want me to buy you some hot chocolate?" I asked about to make my way to the register but her small fingers touched my arm stopping me and nodded a no.

"It's fine really, let's just get to what I want to talk about" she said and we sat down together.

"So what's up?" I asked concerned.

"Shawn do you love me?" She says looking dead serious at me grabbing my attention immediately.

"I..I do" I say.

She chuckled lightly and quietly looking down at her hands and played with them.

"It's been a week since you came back Shawn and you've changed so much" her voice weakens and starts to sniffles.

"I've tried so hard to ignore the media and thought it was just a rumor and their just being ignorant but then when I came to visit you, you were different; at the restaurant you barley talked to me asked how I was instead you chased after her. I thought maybe you'd like to get back together when I came to New York" she sniffles.

"What happened?" She added.

"I realized a lot of things" I say honestly.

"About?" She asked desperately.

"Vic, you cheated on me and that affected me pretty hard and just couldn't stop thinking about us and how much memories we had, I actually blamed myself" I say.

She put her hands over mine.

"I love you" she says coming out in a whisper.

"Me too" I say.

"Not the way I want you too" she response.

"Not the way you love her" she added.

Then from then on I felt something clicked inside me. It was my realization about something I've been doubting since the moment I walked into Dreamer's Cafe. Ran away from the studio into the café which I had no intention to go there but just sit there to clear my mind. But she came along.

"Shawn?" She called out.

"Sorry.." I say.

"I'm giving you one last chance to either get back together with me or just end it" she says and gather herself.

"Meet me here tomorrow night if you want to talk about just us" she stands up.

"Your making me choose?" I asked.

"It's either me or her Shawn" she sighs and walks out.

I sat there thinking if I had second thoughts. But I didn't I was confident and positive that my choice were right and I'm sticking with it. I got up and threw away my empty cup going into my jeep.

N O V A
*2 Month Later*

It's the beginning of June and just a couple months ago I actually fell in love. Today I have a bit of strength and in the process of getting over it. Neitza says going to that 'movie date' with Sammy will take my mind of it.

Not sure it's wasn't a date but I think it's worked.

I've had no contact with him. He's hasn't texted me and neither have I. Maybe this is for the best. It wasn't going to work out either way. I mean he's on tour with Taylor Swift. Having interviews, attending award shows, and now getting closer to one of the fifth harmony member. Camilla.

It's all good I guess just takes courage. Like I said before its for the best.

"Hey babe" Sammy kissed me.

I smiled at him.

"Hey" we intertwined our hands and walked off to our date we were going to have.

Sammy and I are now dating and I couldn't be any happier.

_____________________
A.N; Well that took a turn lol. I hope you guys enjoyed :D

Edited // Published October 19, 2015