Nineteen

I wake up with Jack's erection basically digging into my ass. I grunt at the uncomfortable feeling and turn so I'm facing him, trying to push him back slightly. I look up at him and he's watching me.

"Jack, we had sex last night." I whine.

"But it's a new day." He smirks.

"That's disgusting. I haven't even brushed my teeth." I turn back around to my initial position.

"I don't care." He singsongs and then snakes his arm around my waist. "Then give me head or something."

I narrow my eyes, even though he can't see me, "I'm going back to sleep."

Jack uses his fingers to run circles on my stomach. I wonder what his ex has been doing or even if he's talked to her since. He told me he wouldn't, but I can't be so sure. I don't want to be that girlfriend that controls his life.

"How's your ex been?" I blurt and he tenses behind me.

Oh no, that's not good.

"She's good." He sighs.

So he has been talking to her! I don't reply to him, but I close my eyes at an attempt to fall asleep again. I can't fall back asleep, because there's too much on my mind, so I get up to go brush my teeth.

"Babe..." I hear Jack drag out, but I don't turn to look at him.

I walk into Jack's bathroom in his room and I shut the bathroom door and use that toothbrush I used on the first morning I woke up here. Fanciest toothbrush I've ever seen.

Once I'm done doing that and washing my face, I go downstairs to make breakfast. I lazily dump cereal into a bowl and follow it with some milk. Soon enough, Jack comes down to eat, too.

"Are you ignoring me?" He asks, a frown on his face.

"No." I lie, picking at my food and leaning my elbow on the table and my head on my hand.

"I only know that she's good because I have been talking to her. I'm not gonna lie to you." He truthfully says, referring to his ex.

I still have yet to learn her name.

I roll my eyes, "but still. You were talking to her."

"Are you serious?" Jack scoffs. "You need to get over this whole insecurity stage. I'm with you. You're my girlfriend."

"You get mad when I talk to Dylan, but I can't get mad when you talk to your ex? Bullshit." I seethe.

This is going to end up in a big fight if none of us stop here and frankly, I'm gonna have to be the bigger person here and stop it. Jack is such an adolescent, it's ridiculous. We always argue about something like every other day.

I get up to toss my food in the trash, I don't even want to be in the same room as Jack. What nice words to hear from your boyfriend. Being called insecure when I'm just simply upset with the fact that they're communicating.

"Where are you going?" Jack asks and I don't answer. "Baby, stop. Come back and sit with me. I'm sorry."

I continue to walk to the stairs and I can hear him jog on the tile floor behind me. He wraps his arms around my waist and I try to pry them off of me. He lifts me back to where I was in the kitchen. He's so bipolar.

"Jack, stop." I say, trying to continue to take his arms off of me and I finally succeed. "I can't be with you if you're going to say things like that."

"What?" He whispers and then turns pale. "I said I'm sorry." He tries to reach for me again.

"No, don't." I step back. "You can't just say sorry and expect that, that fixes everything. Go back to your ex or something, she put up with you for three years and I have no idea how." I shake my head.

"Don't break up with me." Jack's voice cracks midway sentence. "We can talk through this. When couldn't we?"

"I'm so stupid for taking you back over and over. You have most control in the relationship and that's what I don't like. You're rude to me and that's what I don't like." I honestly confess. "You say I can't talk to Dylan, so I try my best not to. You don't let me cuss, so I don't. You get to do everything, you get to have all the fun. My only simple request was for you not to talk to your ex and you do, so..." I trail off.

That was such a mouthful. Jack stands there, eyes widened in shock. This began with no strings attached and I was cool with that. Then, it went to strings attached; the whole boyfriend and girlfriend thing. The whole living together full time thing.

"I don't know what to say." Jack says quietly.

"Then don't say anything." I let out a weak laugh.

"Don't break up with me, please. For all I care, you can have the control in the relationship. Just don't leave me."

"You won't talk to your ex?" I ask.

He puts both of his hands up in surrender, "no."

"Give me your phone." I hold my hand out and he digs it from out of his pocket; I slide the screen and you need to input a passcode.

"It's the day we started dating." He tells me, peeking over toward the screen.

"Oh my god, you're so cheesy." I say and he smiles a little.

I put it in and go to his text messages, hoping I don't see nudes anywhere and it's clear. His second recent text is from her. Her name is Auburn. I click around the keyboard and type out a message for her.

Hi, this is Jack's girlfriend and I would really appreciate it if you would stop texting him.

[Auburn] he never mentioned a girlfriend.

Her reply is almost immediate. My eyebrows knit together as I hand him back his phone. He reads the two messages.

"I can explain. We were recent and if you read the texts, I barely answer her."

"Okay..." I murmur.

"Okay? I can work with okay."

Ever since I've met Jack, my life has been filled with uneventful things and drama.

{vote, comment, share}