15.

Drift had transformed into his alt-mode, which turned out to be a very nice looking black and blue Bugatti Veyron. After some tinkering, Cade got the Drone working again and used Drift's alt-mode as a makeshift projector, projecting the footage of the Drone through the windscreen of the vehicle and onto the rock face. 

"The Drone Cade stole recorded footage of an Autobot raid..." I stated, watching the images on the rock face change and flicker occasionally. "It's in pieces, but watch what happens here" I ordered them, lokking around at the others who were watching the video intensely. It showed a video of a large red Autobot, being blown to pieces mercilessly even though he claimed to be a good bot, not trying to hurt anyone. "Aw, that's Leadfoot" Hound stated sadly, "They rip him apart" Cade finished, to which Hound removed his helmet in a sign of respect to his fallen comrade "Savages" he growled, looking down at the ground.  I turned my gaze towards Optimus, and couldn't help but feel the sadness he felt. It was radiating off him in waves, his optics were downcast, and his faceplate held a solemn expression. I could tell he was feeling guilty, his body language said it all. He looked tense, and overall devastated. He was hurting, badly, and there was nothing I could say or do that would make him feel even the slightest bit better. 

"...And later this truck comes to haul them off, KSI, Kinetic Solutions. Defence Aerospace, Government contracts, and they designed this Drone" Cade explained, looking the Drone over. "So these Government guys hunt you down and then pass you off to this KSI?" Shane questioned, but no one gave him a response. No one needed too, we already knew the answer. "Their company's headquartered in Chicago, it might be where they were taken..." I suggested, looking around at the Autobots from my position on the ground. I watched as Optimus stood up, his face still remaining emotionless as his gaze remained downwards "No way to get inside without a battle..." Hound informed, looking over at Optimus and waiting patiently for his response to all this. "Well, what if you had some human help?" Cade asked, climbing out of Drift's alt-mode to look up at the Autobot Leader, "What are you two, partners now?" Tessa snapped towards her father, her anger beginning to rise. 

"Tessa, we're targets now too. We need to know why or we'll never get our lives back" I stated, interrupting Cade from possibly saying anything stupid. She rolled her eyes and turned away from me with a huff, whilst I turned my attention back to Optimus. "Autobots, I have sworn to never kill humans..." he began, to which Hound mumbled a quick 'Big mistake' between pauses, "...But when I find out who's behind this...he's going to die" he finished, his expression turning from emotionless to anger. I turned towards Cade, who I found was already staring at me. He gave me a curt nod, before slowly turning around and going back to sit with his daughter and Shane. "Y/n..." the voice of Optimus spoke from directly behind me, I spun around and looked up at the blue and red mech with a soft smile. "Is there something wrong?" I asked him, my eyebrows furrowing into an expression of concern. He said nothing, he only transformed and opened the driver-side door. With a small chuckle, I climbed inside his alt-mode and closed the door behind me, just as Optimus slowly began to drive around the fire to the other side. 

"You shouldn't feel guilty you know..." I told him as his alt-mode slowly rolled to a stop, "What's happening out there isn't your fault, you shouldn't be so hard on yourself". I was met with more silence in return, so I sighed in defeat and leaned the seat back once more, again staring up at the roof of the cab. "I know you mean well..." Optimus finally spoke, his tone of voice sounded sadder than he was letting on "I have lost many friends due to this war, and what have I done? I've remained hidden, and kept myself from saving others who needed, or counted on me" he explained. Even though I couldn't see his faceplate, I had a feeling that he was frowning, and that he felt terrible for what was happening to his comrades.

I sighed again and rolled onto my side "I understand where you're coming from Optimus, I really do. I've lost friends and family too, but there's nothing I can do to change the past. All I can do now is look forward to the future, and something tells me my future is probably going to be tough as hell, with a little element of fun..." I told him, smiling to myself as I closed my eyes to catch up on some sleep. Before I fell into a deep sleep, I mumbled tiredly "But you know what, it will probably be worth it".

Optimus didn't know how to respond to Y/n's words, but he knew deep down in his spark that she was right. He couldn't change what had happened, but he could change what will. He sensed that the human femme was asleep and chose not to disturb her, so the Prime himself slipped into recharge, thinking over Y/n's words, and wondering how to put them into effect over the next few days on their journey towards Chicago.