17.

Like Optimus had predicted, we had arrived in Chicago just as night fell. We eventually found what looked like an old abandoned Church, which oddly enough was very close to the KSI Headquarters. Optimus and I were the first to arrive, so I quickly jumped out of his alt-mode to stretch my legs and to allow him to transform. Not soon after we had arrived, Hound, Crosshairs, Bumblebee and Drift arrived and transformed, not before allowing Cade, Tessa and Shane to climb out of the alt-modes. Crosshairs immediately transformed and stomped his pedes, "That's the last time I let you two ride with me" he snapped towards the couple who stood only inches away from him. "What is your problem man!?" Shane shouted up to him, which only angered the transformer more. "My problem, is that you and your girlfriend keep making kissy-faces at each other and it's making me sick. Go someplace private and do that from now on" he grumbled folding his arms over his chestplate. 

"Ok, Tessa we need to talk. Lucky charms, you stay over there with Y/n" Cade ordered, before storming over to his daughter and dragging her out of earshot. I found a small lounge and sat down, watching as Shane ran his hands through his hair in a stressed manor. "Can't you say something to him?" The Irish boy asked me, gesturing towards my best friend with his arm. I shrugged my shoulders "Even if I tried it still wouldn't change his views on yours and Tessa's relationship, it probably wouldn't be much help anyway" I stated, folding my arms over my chest. "I have an idea. We're all tired, so why don't we get some sleep for tomorrow? We've got a big day ahead of us" Hound suggested, just as Cade and Tessa walked back into the room "Yes! Yes that is a good idea. Tomorrow, I'll scout out KSI from here, Tessa and Shane will go out and steal essentials only, so clothes, food, anything you might think is useful whilst Y/n and Hound go check out KSI from the ground" Cade ordered, walking over to sit beside me on the lounge. 

I turned my gaze towards him, raising an eyebrow in question "You've already got this whole thing planned out haven't you?" I asked him. Drift hummed "Apparently so, but the choice whether we should go through with this plan or not isn't up to you..." he reminded my best friend, before turning his helm to stare up at the Autobot Leader himself. Optimus's gaze remained on the floor, before he turned to look at me. I gave him a small nod, which was enough for him to make a decision "We start this mission tomorrow, all of you need to be ready" he informed us, to which all the transformers and Cade, Shane, Tessa and I nodded in response.

-------------------------------------------------------------

"You ready darling? We need to get an early start if we don't want to be seen" Hound asked, looking down at me the next morning. I shook my head "To be honest I'm not sure, but I'm ready as I'll ever be" I told him, causing the large Autobot to chuckle. The sound of metal transforming caught our attention, and we turned our gaze to see the red and blue flamed truck begin to transform before slowly walking towards us. "Be careful you two, this is enemy territory you're walking into..." Optimus ordered, looking down at me with a slightly worried expression "Don't worry, we'll be fine" I told him, giving him a small thumbs up. The corner of his faceplate twitched upwards slightly in amusement, before Hound placed his servo on Prime's shoulderplate "Don't worry, I'll take care of her..." he whispered quietly which seemed to ease Optimus slightly. With a small nod of his helm, Optimus turned on his heel and retreated back into the Church "Alright, let's get a move on then" Hound ordered, suddenly transforming into his alt-mode. He opened the driver side door and I climbed inside, before Hound began to drive away towards the KSI Headquarters.

We arrived at the KSI building early, probably around 6:00am in the morning when most of the people employed there went to work. Hound parked a couple of streets away, with the building still in view and I began to do my surveillance. I watched as scientists, head researchers, secretaries and many other important looking people walk through the front doors, each of them going about their daily business. "Just sitting here watching people go to work is painful..." I sighed leaning further back into the seat "You're telling me..." Hound grumbled, "These people look to sophisticated for my taste". I let out a quick breathless laugh and continued on, watching the entrance of the building for anything new. "That looks suspicious..." Hound suddenly spoke,  causing me to look towards the entrance of the building. What I saw shocked me beyond belief.

Standing in the middle of the doorway was a man wearing an expensive navy blue suit, with little hair and he was wearing thick rimmed glasses, and standing in front of him was a man I recognised all too well. "James Savoy, we meet again..." I mumbled softly, squinting my eyes to get a closer look. It looked like the two were talking, and whatever it was about the man in the suit was becoming very stressed. "Hey Hound, is there any way we can listen in to their conversation?" I asked the mech who only hummed in response, "I'll try, but it might not be very clear..." he warned, before the radio suddenly burst to life with an explosion of static. 

I winced due to the loudness of the noise, but internally sighed with relief as a disgruntled form of audio began to play through. "I assure you Mr Savoy, everything will be ready for Mr Attinger's visit tomorrow" the man in the suit explained clasping his hands in front of his chest to somehow emphasise his point. I watched as Savoy casted his gaze downwards, chuckling darkly before speaking "You better make sure everything is in check Mr Joyce, otherwise my boss won't be very happy with your progress" he explained, removing his dark sunglasses to stare up at the one known as Mr Joyce. Mr Joyce flinched slightly "Ahhh, y-yes...right, of course" he stuttered slightly, sighing to himself in relief as Savoy turned and walked away.

'Mr Joyce...Mr Joyce...I've heard that name before...but I can't put my finger on it...' I thought to myself, shaking my head in deep thought. "Y/n, Optimus wants us back. He says that Cade's got some information for us" Hound interrupted suddenly. I jumped slightly in my seat and laughed breathlessly "Alright, let's head back. No doubt Cade would want to hear about this too..." I told him, to which Hound responded with a loud rev of his engine before driving down the road and making his way back to the abandoned Church.