Chapter 1: Bible Girl says the Hypocrite.

I sit in the hospital room, my foot impatiently tapping the linoleum as I wait. Doctors pass to worried about other patients to tell me anything about my mother.

Like for instance, where the hell she was would be a good start.

But no one tells me that, so I wait practically invisible to the people travelling lifelessly around me. I shake my leg harder annoying the fat lady next to me who's two kids are whining for attention as the snot dries under their noses. She shoots me a look for my tapping and I shoot her a look for her losey parenting. As far as im concerned it doesn't take that long to wipe a child's nose, nor does it take very long to teach them to wipe their own snotty little noses. I begin to hum a song I can't exactly remember the words to, I can tell that annoys her more as it puts a smile on my face for being defiant.

One of the children pulls her dress and without a words she pushes the small child away. The small child then proceeds to falls to the ground a bit exaggeratedly and combust into a fit of tears and whimpers. People like this woman shouldn't be allowed to have children.

"Rain McGuire?" A nurse asked me sounding abit annoyed. Sucks for her.

"That's me." I smiled.

"Thank god." The woman snorts.

"Exodus 20:7, you shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain, for the Lord will not hold him guiltless who takes his name in vain." I smile at her before walking in the direction the nurse leads.

It was just one of the many bible verses my mother had quoted to the point of exhaustion. If it had been a piece of writing paper, it would be colored darker than lead and covered on both sides from the overuse.

"Your mother's right this way, she's a sweet woman. I can't imagine what your family must be going through." She smiles. That smile they give at funerals, when your teenage sibling get pregnant, when you lose a contest, better yet;...

When your mother has cancer.

She was right there was no way she could ever begin to phathom what I was going unless her world decided to flip upside down as well. I wouldn't wish that on her though, I wouldn't wish it on the fat lady either or her kids.

"She'll make it threw, she's strong and God's listening to our prayers for her. John 14-15, This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us—whatever we ask—we know that we have what we asked of him." I smile sweetly right back to her before entering the room.

Another biblical phrase i've learned from my mothers sweet reciting.

My mother, Mary McGuire, lies there in the bed. She's awake and smaller then when i'd seen her last. She notices im here, as she smiles sweetly at her only daughter. I wouldn't dare tell her what happened to me the previous week on saturday. I wouldn't dare harm my mother more then her illness has already done. I flop into the chair at her bedside and graze her forehead with a gently kiss.

"Sweetheart you should've waited till afterschool, you're going to be late." She smiles, my first class doesn't begin for 2 hours but it takes me almost a hour commute to get there. I don't mind. Right now, my mother has my full attention and it wasn't going anywhere else.

"I'm sure i'll make it on time." I grin knowing that lying may be a sin but refusing to make my mother feel bad.

___________________________________

Just like predicted, I am late. My backpack hits me hard as it collides with my back, likely leaving a bruise of sorts but thats okay, because I have others from the alley.

Maybe when they all fade away i'll forget what happened... Maybe there's still hope.

I don't bother heading into first period, instead I hit the corner for the opposite direction and head closely to the boys gym.

"Dude a teacher's coming, put that shit out!" Someone yells and I see light smoke rising along with the smell of marijuana... Weed. I turn the corner and face the two boys who are at the opposite end of the joint then the smoke. Chase Blakes is hiding the joint behind his back  doing a very poor job at keeping it out of sight and Elijah Storm... He keeps his cool. He knows he runs this school better then the teachers, better then principal and most likely better then the super intendant.

"It's not a fucking teacher, it's just bible girl." Elijah smiles getting up to his feet. He slings his arm around my neck and my body tenses but I try my best to put the alley out of my mind. He smells like Reggie, Axe, and perspiration. Of course, if I can't be invisible to someone then I had to be bible girl, which is a hypocritical thing for him to say considering the name he's been given.

I want to cry from the way he's touching me, I know it barely a touch at all but he didn't ask premission to and neither had the last guy who had raped me in a alley. The late San Francisco night dashes through my mind as he pulls me into some type of shoulder hug.

I never asked for a hug.

I yank away tears falling down my face as it reddens and my throat forms a lump. I don't have a wish for crying but that's not going to stop me from doing it anyways.

"Woah BG you okay?" Elijah asks stepping closer to me. I began to feel cornered, surrounded, as if I were in danger which triggered a flight or fight reaction.

I chose flight.

I jerked away from Elijah and quickly turned myself to run down the hallway. My backpack makes loud noises as my supplies all bang against each other. I hit the corner hard before resting my back to it.

Why did it have to be me? What have I ever done to deserve something this brutal?

I allow myself to sink to the floor, it's not Elijah that scares me. It's the monster from the alley, the one who's been haunting my mind and just wont go away!

BRRRRRIIIIIINNNNGGG

The bell sounds snapping the hallway to life. I strug up the stairs to my second period class stopping only to wipe my face down in the bathroom. I walk in, no one looks at me except Sunny.

Sunny always looks at me.

But she doesn't say anything.

She's still upset at how I treated Bryce last week and wont talk to me until I apologize for not sleeping around like she does. That wont be happening. She has a boyfriend but of course that doesn't keep her from sleeping with all the other guys on the football team.

Some might even say..... She's a team player.

I decide to slip into the seat next to Kylee, me and her are friends as well. Not bestfriends but we were kinda close, she could see through my invisibilty... when she chose to that is.

"Sunny's still really pissed at you." She whispers indicating for me to look at Sunny by jerking her head, I dont. I keep my eyes locked on my desk reading the things people carved into it.

'J and D for eternity'

'Alegbra sucks balls'

'Mr. Fredman is a bitch'

'Elijah Storm was here '

I stare intensely at Elijah's name until Kylee nudges me hard in the shoulder. I let out a loud huff and give her a look indicating that I was not in the mood for her or Sunny's teenage drama fiasco of the day. She rolls her eyes and points to Sunny and I give in. Sunny's looking at me making a mad face that im either supposed to fear or carve in and apologize to. I do neither, I instead try to pay attention as Mr. Fredman teaches our Algebra 2 lesson.

I had scarier demons to deal with then the school whore I chose to call "bestfriend".

___________________________________________________