Chapter 14

To get my mind off Pan, I've been hanging out with Adam. Yes, I am talking about the bothersome boy I first fought with when I arrived in Neverland. I still remember the laughable memory of cutting his arm while we were sword fighting. It's quite odd how we became friends, especially since we basically tried killing each other when we first met.

~flashback~

Pan immediately transported us back to camp after the whole incident where we were, indeed, hugging. It was a bit of a shame because I actually wanted more alone time with him. It was nice, but it was probably better off that way because I don't want to fall for him even more. I will not tolerate showing such valuable emotions towards him.

Training always keeps my mind occupied, so that's what I did. My brain needs to focus on other things besides Peter Pan. Walking over to basket full of knives, I grabbed one throwing knife. Seems like a good time to practice knife throwing.

A few feet in front of me, was a circled target hung from a tree. I squinted at the center of the circle, gripping onto the handle of the knife. Taking a short breath, I stand up straightly and make my body relaxed as much as possible. For my position, I keep my right foot forward, my left foot slightly behind it. Finally, I grip my knife once more and throw it at the target with steady force.

The knife hits directly in the center.

"Beginner's luck." I heard a deep voice from my right. This voice didn't belong to Pan, but I easily recognized it.

"Adam." I turned my body to make eye contact. "Great to see you. How's the arm?" I used my words harshly with ease.

Adam glanced down at his arm with raised brows. "Getting better." He smiled.

Rolling my eyes, I snatched my throwing knife from the target. This was just an excuse for me not to talk to him. Why is Adam talking to me anyway? We haven't talked at all ever since the night I kicked his ass.

"So, what do you want?" I asked him once I went back to my spot.

I heard him sigh. "To start over. I know we got off on the wrong foot."

This brought my attention. "Yup, you were a dick."

"I know I was. I'm not really like that though, I swear!" He paused. "That's just what Pan expects of me." Sure enough, Adam really did sound sincere with his words. I didn't know whether to believe it or not.

"You sure?" I remained unconvinced.

"Yes! I swear!" He prevailed upon. I don't know why, but in that particular moment, his persuasion worked on me.

"Fine. We can start over." I said blankly.

"Yes!" He frantically whispered, making a fist. This boy is just too much.

Adam took out his own throwing knife from his pocket. "So...that means we can be training buddies now." He nudged me with his elbow.

I laughed. "Don't push it."

He stood beside me with his knife, ready to aim. "Hey, you wanna know something?"

"What?" I was seconds from throwing my knife.

"You're kinda hot."

And just as I suspected, I missed my shot.

~flashback over~

Despite Adam's unnecessary comments, he's a good listener. I can talk to him about anything without it being awkward. I am happy finally getting to know the real Adam, instead of the snobby Adam. Surprisingly, Adam is probably my closest friend on the island by now. Adam remains as my training buddy. We train together and he occasionally helps me when I go berry picking in the woods.