Chapter 16

Brittany P.O.V

Fuck, what have I done I thought to myself if something happens to Kerri Daquan will never forgive me I can seen the anger boiling in his eyes as he gripped the steering wheel we rode in silence to the warehouse. I knew what Jamie was capable of, but I was so blinded by having Daquan to myself that my judgement flew out the window. I sent w silent prayer that we got to her in time and another prayer that somehow God could forgive me.

"How long have you known Ashley" Daquan asked through clinched teeth I scrambled my brain who the hell is Ashley that he's talking about. I shook my head "I don't know who Ashley is" I paused "wait Ashley the girl that took your daughter before right?" I asked his eyes bore into mines "Quan I never met Ashley I would never.."

"Your friend Jamie is Ashley all this time you been with her and around my kids now you conspired a plan with her to kill Kerri in hopes to get my daughter" he yelled

My heart raced it all made sense now why every time I mention Daquan name Jamie cringe a little and why she was hell bent on getting Kerri first she never was doing this for my benefit it was always for hers and I trusted her I led her right to the baby of course she was going to kill Kerri we're all just pawns in this game she's playing "Daquan you have to believe me I didn't know I would have never done this if I did" tears fell out my eyes as I hung my head in shame "you have every right to hate me" I whispered

Daquan looked at me with pitty, but didn't say anything we rode the rest of the way in silence. We pulled into the parking lot "come on and stay low" Daquan ushered me out the car. "Do you know how to shoot?"

I shook my head no maybe it won't come to shooting but knowing Jamie well Ashly now I know she won't go down without a fight. I crouch down low and led Daquan to the back of the warehouse there was a broken window that we both eased into. Once inside Daquan led the way to Ashley voice I caught a glimpse of her back to us and Kerri still tied in the chair with a gag on her mouth. Her head hung low, but her eyes watched Ashley move. As we inched closer I could see the bruises on Kerri face and the blood that was smeared on her face and clothes. If she was scared she didn't let it show. Daquan moved out into the opening to get a clear shot of Ashley. Kerri eyes lit up causing Ashley to turn around an audial sound escaped my lips as Daquan and Ashley pulled the trigger at the same time.

Everything happened in slow motion Ashley went down first and then Daquan clutching his leg for a few seconds a piercing sound echoed the whole warehouse it wasn't until the initial shock was over that i realize I was screaming. I raced to Daquan side and kicked the gun away so I can check out his leg. Ashley stood up like the whole in her right shoulder meant nothing to her, afraid she was going to shoot Daquan again I grabbed the gun and pointed it at her. "Stop Ashley" I yelled with force I hope she couldn't see how back tears welled in my eyes and how uncontrollably my hands were shaking. She looked stunned for a moment trying to figure out if I had the guts to shoot her or not.

I stood up never taking my eyes off her

"Brittany give me the gun" Daquan said I ignored him it's my fault he's in this mess.

"Brittany we're friends remember I'm doing this for you." She cooed at me "In order for this to work you have to be on my team, you have to show me your loyalty resides with me, not them. Their the enemies we will make them pay!!! Kerri, Daquan and Kristen will wish they never laid eyes on us" Ashley says sternly to me.

I am taking aback by the bass in her voice her eyes are to dark, to eager not like her normal brown eyes I've grown accustomed to the look in her eyes like lion seeking out his prey, murderous and I know far to well what comes from that look. I nod yes twice afraid to open my mouth so she wouldn't be able to tell how frighten I am. Ashley is ready to fight fire with fire and I'm not trying to end up in the cross fire and get burned. "Just let all of us go please" I mumble Ashley nodded "only if you put the gun down first"

I looked back at Daquan for a split second taking in every inch of his face " I just wanted you to love me back" I toss the gun back to where Daquan was laying at.

Then everything went black.