11 - House of the Cupid's

The first thing I realized when awoke was that I was lying on something that was incredibly soft. I snuggled into the comfortable fabric very hesitant to open my eyes. The scent surrounding me was welcoming as it was a mixture of cinnamon, laundry detergent, and…aftershave?

My eyes flew open so quickly that I was momentarily blinded by the light streaming into the room. I sat up after my sight returned and a green wool blanket fell off of my body. It took me a minute to realize that I was sitting on a white velvet couch. One look around the room told me that this wasn’t my apartment. 

“Um…” I cleared my throat desperately searching the room for some hint of whose apartment this was. “Hello?” I called out after a minute but I didn’t receive an answer.

I stood and wobbled a bit feeling slightly lightheaded from all the sudden movement. I noticed that my clothes were the same from the night before though they were wrinkled. I straightened them out the best I could then focused on my situation. I walked over to the hallway to examine some pictures that were hanging on the wall.

I sighed with relief when I spotted a younger version of Logan posing in a school photo. Even then, he was quite an attractive guy, I noted. I heard some rustling coming from behind a door nearby. I patted down my frizzy hair hoping that whoever came out wouldn’t be frightened by my horrible morning appearance.

As the handle on the door began to twist, I contemplated going back to the couch and acting like I had been patiently waiting for the person I assume was Logan to come out. My feet were glued to the spot though. Logan came out as I expected but unlike I expected he was wearing nothing but a towel and dripping wet. My eyes widened upon seeing him though I wasn’t disappointed in what I saw. Logan didn’t seem surprised to see me when we finally made eye contact.

“Morning beautiful,” he greeted nonchalantly as if he said this every morning. He threw the used clothes that were in his hands through an open door and they landed gracefully onto the floor. My eyes traveled down his sculpted abdomen and I had to actually focus on keeping my mouth shut to keep the drool from fall out. He seemed to notice me staring but was kind enough not to comment.

Eyes! I commanded myself. Look at his eyes! His eyes were no better as he gorgeous baby blues were filled with amusement.

I opened my mouth then pointed toward the living room but no sound came out. Finally I averted my gaze to the floor and mumbled, “I’m just going to hang out in there while you…finish.”

Logan laughed not bothering to hide the fact that he thought my embarrassment was entertaining. “Okay, no prob. There’s medicine in the cabinet. I’m sure you have a headache. Just help yourself to whatever you want.”

I shuffled out of the hallway so fast, I was sure all that Logan could’ve seen was my outline. Once away from him, I finally got a good look at his apartment. It had a very warm touch as if it was made to be impossible not to come in if welcomed. 

His living room was spacious with the white couch and cushions so plush I could’ve probably bounced on them like a mattress. There were two arm chairs around the couch a more off-white color. They all faced a large flat screen television that was in the middle of a huge entertainment center.

I walked through an opened doorway into a rather small kitchen. The walls were the color of sand and there was a line of turquoise blue tiles that went around the center of the walls. The room reminded me of the ocean and I smiled as I inspected it.

“Find anything interesting?” Logan’s voice asked from the doorway.

As I faced him, I noticed that he had changed into a tight shirt that really left nothing to the imagination (though now that I had seen him shirtless; it wasn’t hard to visualize what he looked like underneath any fabric) and he thankfully traded in the towel for jeans. His wet blonde hair hung loosely in front of his eyes and I had to fight everything inside me to push it aside.