Chapter 7: A Battle Won

Boom.

Neptune's Cannon shook beneath the force of the cannon ball, splinters flying through the air, some sinking into her flesh.

Andrea held her sword, a pistol in the other, her bullets flying towards the other ship.

Her eyes landed on Captain Cutter who was watching her with a sneer on his horrid face.

Oh Sparrow, I hope you escaped with Ansem, she thought.

Andrea checked her pistol, One bullet left. 

She glanced up and saw Cutter grab the nearest rope and swing towards her ship along with a swarm of other men. Her fingers clenched the hilt of her sword, her eyes trained on Cutter.

"I suppose you've come to get revenge for your hand," Captain Andrea spoke, her eyes landing on the hook on his left hand.

Cutter laughed, "It's been awhile little Andrea. I remember the day I took your friend's life. What was his name? Marlin?"

"Merlin," she said through clenched teeth.

"Ah yes," Cutter said as he pulled out his own sword, "I did enjoy killing the boy," he sneered.

Andrea snarled and swung her blade at him, aiming for Cutter's neck but was blocked off by Cutter's hook.

"Well you've improved Andrea," Cutter said with a grin, "But today I'm in no mood to play." Cutter dropped the sword that was in his hand and pulled out a pistol, and pointed it to her chest, "As of now, you shall bleed to death."

"Captain!" a high pitch voice said behind her.

No, she thought, fear encasing her heart, "Sparrow! Run!"

Cutter grinned, "Well, well. This boy looks awfully familiar. Looks a lot like the boy I killed."

Andrea growled, "Don't you dare touch him," she said, pulling out her own gun, knowing full well that she only had one shot.

Cutter laughed and glanced at the Sparrow, "Come here boy, or I'll kill your captain."

Obediently, Sparrow shifted towards him.

"Sparrow, no!" she growled, "Go back inside the cabin!"

"But Captain..." Sparrow stammered.

"Go!"

Sparrow bit his lip and nodded, letting Andrea focus at the task in hand, "I will kill you." As if on cue, the screaming began. Both Andrea and Cutter turned to see the commotion.

Mers were jumping out of the water, snatching the pirate men from Captain Cutter's ship and dragging them towards the sea, others pulling the ship down.

"Man eating sirens!" someone cried.

Bewilderment filled both their features.

"H-how? How is that even possible?" Cutter stammered.

Andrea could ask the same question until it dawned on her, "Ansem," she whispered.

"You knew this would happen didn't you?" Cutter snarled as his beloved ship sunk to the sea, "You little bitch."

Andrea knew what was about to happen.

Just as fate would have it, both guns fired.

***°**°**
Ansem blinked as he regained his ability to think. No longer was on the vessel but back in the ocean.

Sparrow hypnotized me, he thought in awe.

He took a deep breath as his power strengthened his very being as his body took in the energy of the sea.

Muffled sounds of cannon fire echoed above the ocean.

Andrea, he thought, I must help her. Ansem closed his eyes , using his power and called out to those close to him. He knew they would listen, for the call of Royalty could never be ignored. From the darkness below, hundreds of mers swam towards the surface, directing themselves towards the ship that was attacking Neptune's Cannon.

He let out a sound, a battle cry, that echoed through the swarm of mers that followed him.

Once his head broke the surface he saw the mers pulling the unfamiliar vessel towards the sea.

He needed to find Andrea soon, he needed her to join him beneath the seas.

Bang.

A sudden shot of pain laced through his chest. Gasping, he looked at the site of the pain but saw nothing, just smooth skin.

Andrea, the name flickered through his mind, Please be alive.

***
Andrea clutched her chest as she fell to the ground, blood pouring from her finger.

Is this the end? she thought, her eyes looking at the bright blue sky above her. I won't be able to see you Merlin, she thought, a soft chuckle threatening to pass her lips, I belong in the depths of hell, you must be very disappointed in me from heaven. My life may have been different if you hadn't died...

"Captain!" a voice echoed through her twirling thoughts. She recognized that voice, an innocent voice untouched by corruption.

"Merlin?" she whispered.

"No Captain, it's Sparrow," the boy whimpered, taking her hand and pressing it to his cracked lips.

"Captain," a deep, voice said.

"Doc," she croaked, turning her head towards the elder man, "Is everyone alright?"

He gave her a kind smile, however it did not reach his eyes, "Everyone is alive and breathin'."

"What is it Doc? Why aren't you smiling the big smile that you always got?"

A tear escaped his eye, dropping onto her cheek, "It's just that," he croaked, wiping away the other tear that threatened to escape, "You're dying Captain."